Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 240Z Race wheels

It wasn't quite that bad. I ordered some from an outfit that went under, and I did wait 9 months to get the wheels, and then get my money back (whew).

That said, I'd generally say Ron is right. I am sure the 8 lbs unsprung I save when I run the Volks v. the TDs does something, but it is hard to tell from the cockpit.

The Spinwerks wheels at 12 lbs appear to be a great solution for Z cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Volks are really cool but expensive. I'm pretty sure Jeff grew a year older waiting for them. It really was that long.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    IThat said, I'd generally say Ron is right. I am sure the 8 lbs unsprung I save when I run the Volks v. the TDs does something, but it is hard to tell from the cockpit.
    Less than that. That 4 lbs you're saving on the 250 lb live rear axle is worthless. Hell, it might weigh more than that!! But, it does work pretty well.

R
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 04-07-2009 at 03:17 PM.

I am looking for the spinwerks wheels the only source I have found so far is racer wholesale for the series 85 15x7 they say 13lbs and 382 ea. They show an 82 series but not in that size. Where did you get some 15x7 @12lb and for the 175 price? Was that for 14in vs 15in ?
    Also the TDs for the prorace 1 were 13.5 lbs in a 7x15 and prorace 2s @14lbs for the 7x15s was there another model that is 12 lbs? for a 15in? I also have not found a price of any of these yet?
    Also any feedback on the ROTA wheels. I emailed the company for specs still no word yet, anyone running them and if so how much do they weight? Much thanks to all for the feedback

15"x7, call Spinwerks direct.

http://www.spinwerkes.com/

They are slow on email, phone them. I might have an email contact for them somewhere. I think the wheels Jeff mentioned are better but incrementally so for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by dspillrat View Post
    I to would like to invest in a couple sets of wheels......I havn't yet "upgraded to the 15 inch wheel....that we are allowed now. I would be interested in 10 poundish wheels..... We pay what?....750 for a new set of hoosiers?...for a weekend or two of use......wheels are for ever, well sorta if you can keep from rubbing on stuff... $2000- even 3000 for a set of wheels, really is cheaper then a new set of hoosiers.... My set off panis have lasted several years now.....

Love to hear of options ...
    David
    When are you planning on running David? Let me know. [email protected]

Has anyone heard of or had experience with the ROTA wheels I talked to KIM at rota says a new wheel the ZERO PLUS is comming out and should be around 12lbs with right offset. Still have not got a hold of the guys at spinwerks yet?

Default Jongbloed wheels

Have you looked into Jongbloed wheels?

https://improvedtouring.com...ight=jongbloed
    David Russell
    IT Volvo 242

I am sure they are very nice but at 2200 a set way outside my price range same for ssr and volks. I am hoping to spend less than 1200 or less a set if possible.

I found a dealer who sell the volk T37 in the offset I want for $308 each. There is still hope!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEL View Post
    Our race car has 15x7 panasports I am looking for lighter replacement for the panos (aprox 16lb ea)In the 10-12 lb range. I also have 1 set of KODIAC wheels (junk!)thet I use for rains only. I started looking for wheels that fit (not many with the right offset and bolt pattern). The Volks look good but at 2 k per set a little rich for me. Was wondering what anyone can recomend that will fit the 240zs and be legal. Another wheel that looked promising was the Racing Heart CP035Rs @190ea seems to good to be true? Are they junk?
    I will want to eventually want 2 sets of whatever I buy, so any imput will be appricated.Thanks
    Which Panasports did you get? Mine are the same fitment as the 240, and in 14x7 race wheel form, I thought I remember them as 9lbs... would think the 15's wouldn't be much heavier...

Just what I have seen on the diff pages that list wts for the panos and others, I have not put mine on scales since they have tires mounted, I am planning on replacing some befor Nashville so I will see if they are less than the 16lbs, it wold be nice if they were 12lbs but I do not think so.