Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: L Series, 240Z,260Z,280Z Billet Dampener/Pulleys Offered

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    One fellow asked about harmonic dampening and would this piece cause an issue in the regards. The two engine guys I've talked to about it, one of course being a well-known L series builder, Sam, and the other a very good V8 builder that machines my L series stuff for me, think no.
    Just as an update - my motor now has a tad over 26 hours on it with this dampener and seems to be going strong. No leaks, no vibrations, things seem ok. Now I know that we'd have to pull it apart to really tell what is going on with the crank and bearings, but thus far the motor is still kicking.

Ron

Default billet dampener

hi ron...new to this site...focused mainly on gt racing..i'd like to try one of these on my 260z vintage engine...don't know if you have any left or if your going to make any more????,please let me know...e-mail is [email protected] thanks..Bill

Hi Bill,

I might have one more in my race trailer. I'll check this weekend. I think I remember holding one back as a spare but since my prototype is still working just fine I can use it as a spare.

Ron

ok..yea i would take two (2) but i guess your out of them????i will use the one you have on my vintage 260z engine...i was going to use nissan comp dampener (euro),or a spare crankfire equiped one from the 70's they were bullitproof...i have them on my GTU/GT-2 280ZX tube car....and on my GTU/GT-2 300ZX tube car...but i'd like to try one of these....i have a pay-pal account which we can use for payment or i can send check,it's up to you...anyways thanks for getting back to me asap..i look forward to hearing from you..,hope you can find one in your trailer...Bill Erdman

I have one of the pulleys left. I emailed Bill but got no response. So it is up for grabs.

Thanks,
    Ron

Hi Ron,
    Do you still have these pulleys available?

Nope, sorry they were all gone back in 2009. Dang, I can't believe that was so long ago.

Ron

do you have a drawing ? I could make a run of these things if people want them .

Chris Plucker

I'd be interested and I might know a couple others too. Are you doing the MARRS races?

Chuck
    Chuck
    1972 ITS Datsun 240Z #0
    1975 ITS Datsun 280Z #0

Quote Originally Posted by CPLUCKER View Post
    Ron

do you have a drawing ? I could make a run of these things if people want them .

Chris Plucker
    Not any longer. I used to have one but it went with the car when it was sold to the fellows out in Oregon. Some IT racers from the Left Coast might know them and ask. For sure they have at least two of the pulleys because the two motors that went with the car were wearing them.

I still have one, never got around to using it.

I'll sell it at the original price I guess since i still have more on the to-do list before I ever get to it.

I can't believe its been since 2009 either.

Email me if interested.