Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: L Series, 240Z,260Z,280Z Billet Dampener/Pulleys Offered

Arrow L Series, 240Z,260Z,280Z Billet Dampener/Pulleys Offered

I’ve finally received the batch of billet aluminum underdrive pulley dampeners for the Datsun L series engines and am offering some for sale. Basically these are solid billet copies of the Euro single grove dampener/pulley that is available; however, this design cannot break. I have had two engines done in by the Euro dampener failure and after VIR in Oct 2008 I had had enough.

These units are billet aluminum and anodized black. They will bolt on to any L series motor as far as I know and to facilitate that they DO NOT have timing marks. You will need to install the dampener/pulley at TDC and then scribe your own mark on the pulley.

One nice feature about these dampener/pulleys is that they are a 33% underdrive. Therefore you can use your standard water pump and alternator pulleys and achieve a reduction in parasitic loss and slow down your accessories. It work beautifully – I have run this unit on my 260Z now for about four track hours runtime and the cooling is better than my old setup with the Euro dampener and stock water pump pulley. Alternator charging is just fine too.

If you are using standard pulleys on the alternator and water pump the proper belt size, at least on my 260Z, is 32 inches and a 15 series belt. Advance Auto has this as part number 15320 on their hanging belts with a blue packaging.

Each dampener will cost $110, or $115 if you need it shipped to you. I’ll be bringing some of them down to CMP this weekend. Right now I have three reserved for Steve P, three for myself, leaving 16 of the units available. What doesn’t get taken by the racers will be offered on Ebay and there I’ll try and recover a bit of money on them offering them for around $140 to $150.

If you’d like one or some post here, PM me, or shoot me an email at rlearp “at” gt40s.com.
    Here are some photos of the completed units and the un-anodized prototype on my race motor.

Thanks,

Ron

Ron, we definitely want one. Looks great. I'll be sending you an e-mail shortly.

Chris

These things are illegal, of poor quality and actually used by Mexican cartels to smuggle drugs to Cary, NC.

I would avoid.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    I would avoid.
    Don't see you avoiding driving the 260Z that is equipped with one, do we?

Chris, got you down for one. 15 left.

I want one. I'll follow up with an email...Robert in ABQ
    ITS 240-Z #50
    Rio Grande Region

Ok, Robert one for you, 14 left.

Just for the record - no warranty is implied or given with these parts, use at your own risk.

Also, I'm not interested in holding parts for folks until later in the year in case I go to Mid-Ohio and what not. The shipping is only $5, what I pay, so if you want one and aren't local to me please count on me shipping it to you.

These things are illegal, of poor quality and actually used by Mexican cartels to smuggle drugs to Cary, NC.

I would avoid.

I guess this part's for me then. I need to get into drugs. Would be less expensive, less stressful, and less work than racing. :026:

Ron, one further question. Is it correct to assume this would be best used with the HD pulley bolt from Nismo, or are you using it with a stock pulley bolt?

I'm using a stock bolt. I have one of those fancy NISMO bolts but the head is so large on it that my socket wouldn't fit into the opening and around the bolt.

Chris and Robert, both of yours are leaving UPS today. 14 left.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    I have one of those fancy NISMO bolts but the head is so large on it that my socket wouldn't fit into the opening and around the bolt.
    Hey, watch you language mister. If you keep making this racecar stuff sound like a Harlequin romance novel this site will get overrun with 40 something housewives. Wait, that might not be such a bad thing! Carry on.....
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Since Steve girlfriended up, he's had a one track mind.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Put me down for one Ron. I am traveling and will follow up tomorrow.
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Since Steve girlfriended up, he's had a one track mind.
    It's my best track, by far.

btw... The pulleys are HIGH quality stuff if the prototype is any indication of the finished product...
    Last edited by Parrish57; 03-26-2009 at 05:32 PM.
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

They are that. Really nice pieces, Ron did all you Z guys a huge favor....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Hi Ron they look great. Put me down for one. I'll try to contact you hope it works better that last time

HI Ron,
    Gotta keep up with the Earps..... Wait, Jones'. I'd like 2 of those Ron....Seems I can't keep the front end of my car out of harms way.... Better safe then sorry.

David
    30 year old ITS car

Hey Pablo and David,

ok, got you down for the requested amounts that leaves 11 left. You can Paypal me at my email address if you have that or send me funds at:

Ron Earp
    132 Loch Pointe Drive
    Cary NC 27518

I can get them sent out next week. I think you'll enjoy the pieces and it'll be one less thing to futz with. I know everyone says they have had no trouble with the stock piece or the Euro pieces, but that damn sure wasn't the case with me. Two blown head gaskets and two rebuilt motors later.....

Put me down for one. Thanks.
    David Plott
    Atlanta Region #289721
    #54 1973 Datsun 240Z
    Mount Juliet, TN

I think we're down to about 8 left. Anyone have Greg Ira's contact info? They were interested in them at VIR but I have no way to contact them.

Ron