Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When do you stop giving people what they ask for?

To Tom's suggestion that election of the ITAC would fix things:
    Our election of the officials in Washington proves that this system works great to solve all problems.
    Oh, Wait!:eek:
    Bill

To that point, we do remember that the elected BoD actually MAKES the decisions for our category, right? The ITAC only makes recommendations.

K

Ummm...

David and Jake,

You guys both have good points, but as with truth and lies, the answer is usually somewhere inbetween.

Tom Sprecher

Default Rule Change Limits

Well, I always find it interesting the responses that come out when something is suggested. I will respond to some of the responses addressed back to my posting to "Poll the IT Competitors at Daytona"..... To Kirk Knestis..... yes I have submitted some 8-10 change requests---- 2 were adapted, most were rejected..... I do not suggest, or even think for a moment that all will be adapted. If you don't ask, you won't get. Not everyone agrees with me, that's fine. I believe there are 3 types of people in the world... Those who make it happen, Those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened. I prefer to try to make it happen. I have no tolerance for the other two. Since you, and your other ITAC members have accepted the responsibility to solicit change requests, and maintain the rules to some level, then you have to do what you feel is best. I reserve the right to disagree. I do not know what your (ITAC) real charter is?.... I get the distinct feeling that there are numerous issues that the membership has submitted, the "What", that the ITAC feel are rationale and should be permitted. But the "How" seems to be the stumbling block. Am I right?, Yes?, No? Like the issue of the Jacking Plates. It's implementation (How) seems to be at issue. No matter "How" the request is implemented, not everyone will be pleased. That is a fact. But don't overengineer the How. A simple "it is permitted to weld up to 4 plates to the underside of the chassis, for the sole purpose of facilitating the jacking of the car. No single plate can exceed more that 6" X 6" . Here is an approach. Or there could be verbage to permit two points, attached to the roll cage and extend to the underside of the floor panel maybe added to facitate the jacking of the vehicle A statement must be included that this jacking point shall no other purpose. If the "How" is the issue, then come up with some verbage, request inputs, discussion, limit the discussion time frame, poll the IT competitors, and get it done. Do not permit decision paralysis keep good, rationale ideas from coming to fruition. Maybe a process for "user inputs" needs to be revised that will facilitate getting good ideas from dying. But remember, no matter the verbage, not everyone will be pleased. PS... I did submit my resume' to the ITAC, but I race an ITB car.

To Tom Specher.... we in the south must be a different breed, but I could not support a "divisional only" rule change, no matter how frustated I get with the CRB /ITAC. I am a revolutionary, and beleive the South was right in 1861, but it would be only at the last resort that I would suggest to break out on own. I would go to NASA before I would go in that direction. Fortunately, all of the folks that I race with and against here in Florida do think differently than some of the folks, ( that I have only read about) in other divisions. If the guy who beat me, did not have a windshield washer resevoir, horn, or heater core hoses, I would never consider protesting them. If I thought they were cheating, in the engine area or transaxle, I would talk to them first.

To Jake..... I can not answer why so many of the Florida guys by pass up the ARRC. Don't know....We have the SARRC championships in Savannah, .... we start racing in January / February and our last race is on Thanksgiving weekend. We have some 4 World Class tracks in the state, Sebring, Daytona, Homestead, and PBIR. All within 4 hours of almost all of us in Central Florida. I had entered the ARRC this year, only to see a huge financial loss in stock market that necessitated a cancellation. Fortunately Deuce and Pete Keane from CFR showed what our ITB cars were like, and I think Kip Van Steenburg also took honors in ITS in his 944. But as inferred, I don't beleive it is because we could not pass the tech shed.
    Sincerely, David Ellis-Brown

Before Jakes post I was opposed to jacking, and now it starts to look like I should take another look-----or 2. :cool:
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

CFR's Thanksgiving weekend race is the first race of the year, not the last.
    [thread hijacks please forgiven.]
    Carlos
    Gettin' old aint for wimps

Hey Jake & all the other fools that ride with jake. Go to the production site & open the thread that starts with "cekc" under Race Reports. Enjoy because as your slipping that same crap will be accecpted by some of you. Darren will get rid of that crap on the production site as fast as he can if he can.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Quote Originally Posted by ddewhurst View Post
    Hey Jake & all the other fools that ride with jake. Go to the production site & open the thread that starts with "cekc" under Race Reports. Enjoy because as your slipping that same crap will be accecpted by some of you. Darren will get rid of that crap on the production site as fast as he can if he can.
    Classic,,,just had to quote for posterity....

yea, and thanks David...that's clearly comparable.....glad you brought it up. helped your case!
    Last edited by lateapex911; 04-01-2009 at 08:19 PM.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

***helped your case!***

Made my case Jake. It's only one short step from what you believe is ok.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

What if yer a fool that Jake laps?
    Tom Sprecher

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Classic,,,just had to quote for posterity....

yea, and thanks David...that's clearly comparable.....glad you brought it up. helped your case!
    Whoa don't click on DD's link; it's not work safe or kid safe. Maybe I'm just innocent, but I was expecting a Russian race report.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by ddewhurst View Post
    ***helped your case!***

Made my case Jake. It's only one short step from what you believe is ok.
    David, your beef is with the rest of the world. You just *think* I'm the devil himself. In fact, if Reef girls represent the devil, which obviously they do in your little world, then the devil is everywhere around you. I suggest you don't wake up and look around...you'll be horrified. In other words, it's not what I think is OK, it's what the entire American civilization has deemed OK. TV sensors, movie standards, etc etc, etc.

Me? I'm having a good chuckle.
    Last edited by lateapex911; 04-02-2009 at 12:19 PM.
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Quote Originally Posted by tom_sprecher View Post
    What if yer a fool that Jake laps?
    hey lets toss a seat in my car and you can ride with the head fool!
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

***entire American civilization has deemed OK.***
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14