Thread: When do you stop giving people what they ask for?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by tom_sprecher View Post
    ...Maybe the answer is to do it on a Divsional basis using polling of drivers like I and Mr. Ellis-Brown have suggested. I'd prefer that the ITAC and CRB not lose control of the rule making process in such a manner, but if it's what the customer wants and he pays all the bills, who am I to say "no".
    Go for it.

There's NOTHING keeping a region (or regions) from designing unique classes. Ignore the facts that (a) your drivers won't be able to take a legal car anywhere else (like the Festival), and (b) nobody will come spend their vacation racing dollars in your locale...

Personally, I would LOVE to have jacking plates but I understand how the long-term health of the category *might* be compromised by the change, and I have to put that ahead of what I want. Many marginal compromises make big changes over time.

David - and I'm serious when I ask this - as someone who submitted multiple proposals for rule changes this past year, how do you suggest we decide where to draw the line? I recall you had 8-10 (more?) specific new allowances that you asked the ITAC to consider...

How would you recommend that the ITAC should respond to that situation?

What if 30 other IT car owners each submit a similar number of requests...?

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post

What if 30 other IT car owners each submit a similar number of requests...?

K
    No, I can't...too easy... ...carry on..
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Been jacking up on the pich weld with the Spec Miata for two years. They still look great.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Tom, while I do not disagree that we should be able to have a jacking plate provision, I for one am not willing to allow it at all costs and you seem to be willing. There has to be a way to write a rule that would allow a cage tube to protrude below the floor with a plate on it to jack up the car without giving creative builders a way to come up with a design that does a lot of other reinforcing.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Besides the tradition, the championship status for IT, and who can forget the excellent group of friendly, understanding and good natured people who put on the race, I would wager the weather in the Southland in November compared to that of our beloved Yankee brethren might be a contributing factor regarding the draw of the ARRC.

Granted, it is not nearly as nice as in FL, where their racing season is just starting, possibly explaining fewer FL drivers at the ARRC, but typically the days are warm, the skies are clear and the beer is cold. Typically.

As much as I appreciated this discussion, even though it did lack pictures of hot babes, at this point I am though with the jacking plate issue and have decided it will not be resolved considering the current stance of the ITAC. Really my whole point was that new members should be elected versus the current method of replacement. That is the only way I can see where the majority can effect change over the stance of a few, besides an increase in localism* of the rules that ultimately hold us all together, a condition I too would like to avoid.

Besides the Cermet coating allowance in IT7 in the SEDiv, I do not feel strongly about any other rule changes, including jacking plates, to where I will push any harder for than what has been stated here. Thanks to everyone for your input about a few solutions to the problem, and while the one I prefer is not legal, I have some choices to make.
    Tom Sprecher

Dear Tom-
    Sorry we couldn't help you with your jacking plate request. however, please keep these images in mind while jacking. We are sure they will bring a smile to your face.

Love,

The ITAC

Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Jake, my guess is that the SCCA will not appreciate you signing off "Love, The ITAC". I may be the minority but I expect more from a committee member.

For all those that haven't taken a shot at me in a while let er fly.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14