Thread: April 2009 Fastrack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default April 2009 Fastrack

April is out, comments to follow.

http://scca.com/documents/Fastrack/0...pril-final.pdf

- Format changes for CRB minutes...
    - Suggesting not changing rules mid-year, only safety changes.
    - They've addressed the pressurized coolant tank issue, effective 04/01. V-dubs are safe...
    - Restriction on driver ducting size (I assume there's a typo on the specific GCR reference in Fastrack.)

I like the new layout of the listing and the new feedback section, but I believe that the PREVIOUSLY ADDRESSED section needs to stay. It is hard to keep up with all of the changes, and someone might ask a question in different way, and removing this section might cause more work.

Also how long does it take to have a car classified, specifically a model year extension?

Thanks,
    D
    Derek
    #76 ITR Toyota Celica GTS

Re: the "How long?" question, the answer is "It depends."

Members can improve efficiency by making sure that they provide documentation to support their request (e.g., ITCS-type specs over the years involved for those new model years you want listed) but it's also dependent on what's on the ad hoc committee's agenda, and whether a given request bumps up against any other business under consideration. For example, we've had some specific "please review" items that were waitiing on clarification of procedural questions...

K

Default April Fastrack.

I see that we are now allowed to remove vent windows:

MOTION: Effective 4/1/09.
    Add to 9.1.2.D.9.i, “The complete duct assembly in the plane of the window shall be no larger than 100 square inches.”
    Add to 9.1.3.D.9.m, “If equipped, the vent window and its supporting structure may be removed.”
    PASSED, Christian No, Sheridan Abstain

Since we are allowed to add ducting, does that mean I can replace the vent window with a cooling duct?

Quote Originally Posted by jthomps348176 View Post
    Add to 9.1.2.D.9.i, “The complete duct assembly in the plane of the window shall be no larger than 100 square inches.”
    Per side?