Thread: bit confused on washer bottle..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Washer bottle? Mine's gone! That was the happiest day so far this year when working on the race car. Well, that and realizing that I could move the battery to the rear of the car and complete remove the dashboard and everything else in there...

(note, I'm moving to FP)

One could argue that you are using the washer bottle for something other than it's original purpose, therefore it is against the IT rules.
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

So does GCR 9.3.37 override the IT rules?

Quote Originally Posted by planet6racing View Post
    One could argue that you are using the washer bottle for something other than it's original purpose, therefore it is against the IT rules.
    Well....the brake assembly is for slowing down the car. And the transmission is used for matching engine speed to road speed, allowing the car to travel at higher speeds and accelerate at a given road speed. Many times I like to use my engine and transmission, instead of my brakes, for slowing down my car. Am I using an item for something other than it's original purpose and in violation of the rules?
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 03-20-2009 at 09:38 AM.

My thoughts are that if we would modify the rules to allow the removal of the washer bottle no cars would see any performance gains, but many employers would get a little more out of their employees.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post
    My thoughts are that if we would modify the rules to allow the removal of the washer bottle no cars would see any performance gains, but many employers would get a little more out of their employees.

R
    Funny - but not true. Why? As has been beaten to death, the WB is poster child for 'what I don't need to build a racecar' or 'if it isn't performance or safety related, it should be able to be removed' arguement. The line in the sand is there. No compelling reasons to move it IMHO have been made to date. Glass windshield, glass hatches, headlights, horns, taillights, dashboards, heater cores...the list goes on and on.

Everyone has thier own definition of what is 'right for a racecar'.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967