Thread: CCPS-VIR cool down lap ruled legal for scoring

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by cooleyjb View Post
    Not the best showing by F&C in my opinion. I appreciate what they do but there were some pretty fundamental things that were screwed up.
    Being a flagger and a driver. "Starters" work the Start/Finish stand. They are a seperate speciality from F&C (GCR Sec 5.8). Not saying that F&C do not make mistakes, but I do want to be clear on the source of the mistake.
    Todd Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by tac911t View Post
    Being a flagger and a driver. "Starters" work the Start/Finish stand. They are a seperate speciality from F&C (GCR Sec 5.8). Not saying that F&C do not make mistakes, but I do want to be clear on the source of the mistake.
    Sorry, my fault for the lack of distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by cooleyjb View Post
    Sorry, my fault for the lack of distinction.
    Quote Originally Posted by tac911t View Post

Pardon the thread hijack, but........while it is true that there are seperate specilties for F&C and Starter, once the starter's duties at the start of a race are done, and until all the cars are off the track at the end of a race, the Starters stand becomes a flag station. We are equiped with all the same flags as a normal flag station, we are on the same network (at least at Mid-Ohio) as the flag stations, we respond to course checks just as a flag station. Starters don't just start a race. They should be and generally are trained in the meaning and usage of all the flags. The two specialties just have a few different responsibilities.

Sounds like everything got worked out, which is the best we all hoped for.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    . Glad they fixed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerBill View Post

Sounds like everything got worked out.
    Hey Fellas,

...... Care to share with us what got "fixed" or "worked out" . As far as we know things are still the same........

....... Just thought I would ask......

We all need to remember that the region is not the one responsible for this screwup. They are assigned stewards for their races. The CCPS steward made the right call and was overturned. From conversations I have had today with officials I trust it looks like the right thing will be done. At the time of the ruling by the SOM they did not have a complete picture of all the events involved. Lets give them a chance now to fix this mess.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)