Thread: 2009 Improved Touring Drivers Championship rules now online

Default 2009 Improved Touring Drivers Championship rules now online

Hi everyone. We had to do away with the I.T.T.C. since Chicago Region has a copy right on the words " Triple Crown" so now we are the I.T.D.C. The rules for 2009 can be found at http://www.cincyscca.com/ITDCRules.htm

The only change is there is no longer a bonus point for a lap led during the race. Makes it easier on me to tally point.

Todd

Hmmm... Just noticed that the date is wrong for the I.T. Spec*tacular. It should read August 1st and 2nd. I'll get that fixed.

Todd

"Triple Crown" owned by Chicago Region?? I thought horse racing owned that term!

Foolish Pleasure would not be pleased.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

The message I got from Chris Schaffsma was that Chicago Region copyrighted the terms, "June Sprints" and " Triple Crown". I agree that horse racing also has a "Triple Crown" as well as a few other entities. I did note in Phillip Royles article in the last Sports Car that he avoided calling a similar SCCA event in F1000 "Triple Crown" but instead called it a "Triple"

Todd

Yes they have a registered trade mark on Triple Crown, when used in conjunction with racing (there are probably some other stipulations as well, but I don't know them). This came up last year when 3 or 4 different groups, mostly within the SCCA wanted to start using the term. It's just one of those things that nobody on the IT Driver's Championship steering committee thought of last year.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com