View Poll Results: For 2009, are you going to:

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Race more this year?

28 27.45%
  • The same amount?

41 40.20%
  • Racing less? If so how much less and why (explain below)?

29 28.43%
  • Are you selling your car?

10 9.80%
  • Are you building a car?

18 17.65%
  • Are you buying a car?

3 2.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 Racer Survey

I would like to thank everyone for their time and input regarding the survey. We had our board meeting last night and your input is very helpful to the region. We will have to work very hard to insure a successful year for all regions during a tough year. Thanks again and we hope to see you at a event

Sincerely,
    Robert Zecca
    NNJR Secretary

Might be racing the same amount... but not getting my hopes up. 2 races to keep my comp license if I'm lucky. Had planned on at least 4 or 5 weekends at other tracks in the division (budget had limited us to GIR for as long as I remember) '09 was supposed to be a good year with most of my cage profits going towards the racing budget. Lost my job so all of the cage profit is going towards insurance, house payments and groceries.
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

Guys,

Thank you for all your input and help. We had our board meeting this week and just wanted to get an idea of how the economy is effecting you and your efforts plus an idea of the car counts so far. It seems like overall things are fairly positive. Our board will continue to work hard and tackle our events in an aggressive way, thinking outside the box and hopefully maintaining our car counts of last year. I will not be suprised if things go up slightly. We are getting help by many racers and sponsors alike to give back to the racer and worker.

Thank you again to everyone. We appreciate your time.

Sincerely,
    Bob Zecca
    NNJR Secretary.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Zecca View Post
    Guys,
    It seems like overall things are fairly positive. Our board will continue to work hard and tackle our events in an aggressive way, thinking outside the box and hopefully maintaining our car counts of last year. I will not be suprised if things go up slightly..
    curious what you're basing this on. every actual data point i have seen shows participation down significantly. how many events are scheduled in 2009 vs 2008?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region