View Poll Results: For 2009, are you going to:

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Race more this year?

28 27.45%
  • The same amount?

41 40.20%
  • Racing less? If so how much less and why (explain below)?

29 28.43%
  • Are you selling your car?

10 9.80%
  • Are you building a car?

18 17.65%
  • Are you buying a car?

3 2.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Racer Survey

Default 2009 Racer Survey

On behalf of the Pro It Series and SCCA National/Regional racing in general will you be doing one of the following?

Race more this year?
    The same amount?
    Racing less? If so how much less?
    What is the reason for racing equal or less this year?
    Are you selling your car?
    Are you building a car?
    Are you buying a car?

I am on the board of NNJR region as secretary and this info will help us and other regions with decisions going forward this year regarding our races. It will be a very trying year. Both the regional at VIR and National at Roebling this past weekend had much lower car counts from last year. The NE seems to be stronger and I think we can pull off a great year, keep costs equal to last year and do a better job promoting events. Let me know your thoughts and thanks in advance for your help.

This survery is not from or authorized by SCCA in Topeka. This is just for information needed to make better decisions at a regional level for the upcoming year.

Thanks
    Bob Zecca
    Last edited by Robert Zecca; 03-09-2009 at 08:05 PM.

I'll be doing 10-12 regional races this year. Same as last. I plan on getting out of my native Ohio and doing races in NEDiv, so my race budget will need to increase.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

That is great and I wish you luck for this year. Will you be running any events in conjunction with ProIT. You can learn more about it at: www.proitseries.com

There will be a NNJR regional race at Pocono and Glen Region running an event at the Glen in August. Hopefully you can make one of those.

Thanks
    Bob

The Race at WGI is in July In conjunction with the July Sprints
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Hope to run about the same as last year Pocono,NJMPS, and Wgi. TW
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Zecca View Post
    That is great and I wish you luck for this year. Will you be running any events in conjunction with ProIT. You can learn more about it at: www.proitseries.com

There will be a NNJR regional race at Pocono and Glen Region running an event at the Glen in August. Hopefully you can make one of those.

Thanks
    Bob
    I plan on hitting Beaverun in June and WGI in October, but things could change. I do want to head east, though.

I thought that ProIT might be running as a support race for the 12 Hours of Nelson Ledges in August. If so, that might be a possibility...
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

I will be running the same number of races this year, hopefully one more, as we are opening a new track in KY. This could change depending on economic conditions.

Bob, my long range plans are to do at least one NNJR, one NYR and maybe one NER event, as I cut my teeth with SCCA in the NE.

Tom, still looking to see you at the IT Spectacular at MO!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Poll added, selections will be publicly viewable. - GA

Greg,

Thank you for adding the poll. I appreciate it. So far I have posted on four different forums and things sound very positive. Hopefully within a week we can have some constructive and helpful input but so far so good. I would like to see all regions flourish this year. I just go back from the convention in Vegas and Topeka is on our page and behind us and if we all work together we will get thru this year we hopefully some future growth.

Thanks again for your help.

Sincerely,
    Bob Zecca

don't let this thread fool you, there will be fewer entries on the whole this year across the board. i checked race more because last year i got married and didn't race at all, but that could go to zero racing at any day.

in addition, the sample of people that you have in this forum and participating in the pole are not a true representation of the pool of people who raced (or didn't) in 2008. this sample set is more likely to be people who are currently, and intend to continue racing. if i suddenly become unemployed, i'll spend a lot less time on car forums learning about the newest ways to go fast, and a lot more time searching for a new job.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Not from the NE, but thought I'd chime in anyway. 10% pay cut, so I'll see what I can do with last year's tires. Looks like maybe one local event, or maybe try out autocrossing. It's really going to bum me out to miss the IT-Spectacular.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Default 'bout the same

I'll do a few more race weekends than I have in prior years, and you'll be pleased to hear the reason: I'm going to focus on the Pro-IT series.

Pro-IT's nicely spaced schedule and blend of tracks makes it a truly enticing series, IMO.

Steve Ulfelder
    Flatout Motorsports
    95 ITS

Economy has removed about 20k of my income since early 08. I sold my road race car, my time trials car, and the ITS project car. Unless I put a cage in my Yukon XL, I've got nothing to drive.

If I can scrape together enough money to rent, I will try to run a double to hang on to my license.
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver
    "Don't RallyCross what you can't afford to Road Race" - swiped from YH and twisted for me
    "I have heard that any landing you can walk away from is a 'good' landing. I bet this applies to flying airplanes as well." - E.J.

I will race enough races to keep my national license. I have the advantage of living ten miles from the local track (Summit Point) and working there in Gasoline Alley. Since my wife is claiming that she is done with racing I may be able to race in an ITC car as well as my H Production car. I will wait and see what happens.
    cheers
    Dave Parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

I will be racing slightly less this year do to the fact that I am finishing one new car now and will be building a second after that. Next season is the year I planning on doing every regional and at least one of the big races (ARRC maybe).
    Mike Uhlinger

Screw the economy, I have your stimulus package right here, get behind the wheel and get stimulated!!!!!

First time being unemployed since I was 10 with a paper route. What will 2009 bring?

Racing less, even though I bought the ITS car in June of 2008 I did a lot of racing in 2008, I expect to only do 5-6 events in 2009. October at NJMP is a must, 5 races in one weekend between ProIT and Regionals. Pocono is a very good value for the track time with the double regional and ProIT but I need to miss that, Godfather duties call. Throw the enduro in there and there is mega track time.

ProIT is a good value to get additional track time, we can run STU in the Nationals as well as ITS in the regionals. We need to support the regions that are hosting ProIT events. Enough RE speaking.

If finances call for it the first thing to go is the racecar. Be nice to see a skinny driver use this car like Nick did at LRP 2 years ago. Car is a blast to drive so it will have to get pretty bad for me to sell.

See you out there.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

I plan on doing 10-12 races this year.

Racing less due to new job and a pending move over the summer. Darn this life stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by ulfelder View Post
    I'll do a few more race weekends than I have in prior years, and you'll be pleased to hear the reason: I'm going to focus on the Pro-IT series.

Pro-IT's nicely spaced schedule and blend of tracks makes it a truly enticing series, IMO.

Steve Ulfelder
    Flatout Motorsports
    95 ITS
    +1

I am doing more races BECAUSE the Pro-IT is a spread out schedule at a variety of race venues!
    A few years ago I tried to accomplish my erg to travel to different venues without racing for any "championship".
    In the end I felt empty and like I had spent a ton of money with nothing accomplished.
    Not sure why but I like to be part of a championship, so this is perfect for me! :026:
    Thanks,
    Stephen

I will be racing more this year than last.

I am selling one car (PLEASE!!)

I am building one car.

And I am going to try enough NARRC events to get my 8 races in - while doing as many PRO-IT events to be a "factor" in that (IT.

This should give me about 14 races (all of the NARRC events are at least double regionals - some have PRO-IT as well - exhausting weekends, but the best bang for the buck in my opion)
    Tim Mullen
    # 86 ITB
    2006 NERRC Champion - ITB
    2006 NARRC Champion - ITB