Thread: quick question

Default quick question

how many of u guys run your 2nd gen rx7 with out a rear sway bar? i was told not to but i wanted to by someone in the e prod but i wanted to get some more opinions. also any recommendation for a front sway bar?

Default sway bar

no one i know uses a rear bar. the speedway bar(1 1/4 tube) like the one that mazdacomp, speed source & isc sells should be your only choice. ralph.

ok thank u very much...by removing the rear sway bar what kind of benefits do i get? sorry ive never really looked into the concept of it i always figured it was more of a autocross thing

Usually you are buying rear end compliance. The springs are stiff enough to provide the roll stiffness you need, the roll bar would only contribute to either bind or "twitchyness" to the rear of the car. Removing a rear bar is common when the cars handling is good without one due to the improved compliance.
    Racer of old BMW's.
    MCSCC ITS Class E30 325is
    Racing where IT still exists: http://www.mcscc.org/

We run rear bars in all our RX-7's. We try and do the least we can with springs and teh most we can with bars. It helps us get power down out of corners and over bumps to have less spring, everything else being equal.

Prod comparisions are moot as the bias ply slicks have a totally different 'reaction' to the track than radials.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967