Thread: Nitto NT-01 Tires

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nitto NT-01 Tires

We are considering running Nitto NT-01's on our ITA Honda Civic Si. We have run a couple of races at Hallett and are just learning. The tires that we have run have been used tires that came with the car when we bought it. We had a set of pretty worn Toyo RA1's that we corded by locking it up. Then we have 2 sets of pretty worn R6's, so we have never had a new set of tires to compare anything to. We are looking for a tire that is going to last and is affordable. We want seat time so we can become consistent then worry about speed later. I figure any new tire will be as fast as the worn out tires we have been running. From what I have read you don't have to shave the Nitto's like the RA1's. I can get a set of Nitto's from Discount Tire Direct for $496 shipped. Has anyone run these tires? I would like to hear some feedback before we pull the trigger and order a set. Give me your opinions please.
    "Success in life is not in knowing the right answers. It's in knowing how to ask the right questions." - Author Unknown

1990 Honda Civic Si ITA (eventually)
    Hallett COMMA Series PA Class

I've ran the NT01's. I've also ran the RA1's.

To put it simple: The NT01's are better in everyway. They don't need shaved (but can be), they provide much better initial full-tread grip and last longer. I wouldn't hesitate to get them as a great 100 treadwear tire.
    Like you said, they aren't the fastest when compared to lower treadwear tires like the Z214, V710, R6, A6, R1...

Quote Originally Posted by boomn29 View Post
    I've ran the NT01's. I've also ran the RA1's.

To put it simple: The NT01's are better in everyway. They don't need shaved (but can be), they provide much better initial full-tread grip and last longer. I wouldn't hesitate to get them as a great 100 treadwear tire.
    Like you said, they aren't the fastest when compared to lower treadwear tires like the Z214, V710, R6, A6, R1...
    I've heard very similar comments about them. They seem to be in a great sweet spot pricing wise also.

I'll be running a set of them on my turbo miata for this season of open track/hpde events.

I do NOT speak from NT01 experience but i have run the toyo.

Based on your goals for this set of tires, I would be hard pressed to try anything other than the toyo. Its proven on the track and it lasts forever- heck its fastest at the very end of its life.

I would be reluctant to try the nitto when the toyo has such a good reputation and is relatively affordable. Although it seems that others who have more experience than me seem to think highly of them. -if you save a lot yea go for it but if their priced the same go with the safe option. Toyo

I tired RA1, R6, A032, R888 and NT01
    The best bang for the buck is NT01

ELO168,
    You said you have run all those different tires and the Nitto is the best bang for the buck. Can you give me any lap time comparisons, the feel of the tires, and a comparison of the longevity.
    "Success in life is not in knowing the right answers. It's in knowing how to ask the right questions." - Author Unknown

1990 Honda Civic Si ITA (eventually)
    Hallett COMMA Series PA Class