Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I.T. Fest news and updates

Mid Ohio is offering a special deal during the I.T.SPEC*tacular weekend.

$75 off Teen and Adult Defensive Driving Schools. These take place in the upper paddock and typically run from 8 am till 3 pm. The day includes use of a Mid Ohio school car, instructor, classroom and use of the skid car. Class size is 17 students and the price is $350. On Sunday August 2nd the school will offer a special Double-Up program where two people can share a school car. Price is $400 and you can use the $75 discount for it also. Use promo Code CRSCCA 09 to receive the $75 discount.
    To register go to http://www.midohio.com/Store/School-Courses/Defensive-Driving-Program/Honda-Teen-Defensive-Driving-Program and choose from 8/1/09, 8/2/09 or 8/2/09 double up.
    Todd C.
    Cincinnati Race Chairman

Default I.T.SPEC*tacular promo

Attention in the paddock…

It’s back! The 3rd annual I.T.SPEC*tacular and PDX will be held on July 31st - August 2nd, 2009 at Mid Ohio Sports Car Course. Get your street car out on the track for some hot laps and start the weekend with some PDX fun on Friday July 31st. Your entry fee of $200 includes an instructor, classroom instruction and 80 minutes on track split into 20 minute sessions. Active Military personal that sign up will receive a $25 discount. But that’s not all, PDX drivers who stay and help us out for the weekend will receive a $25 per day reimbursement. Plus you can enjoy a Saturday and Sunday full of fun as we kick off our three race weekend championship featuring over 105 miles at race speed. Invited classes returning for 2009 are : IT7, ITA, ITB, ITC, ITE, ITR, ITS, SM, SSM, AS and SRF. This year we would like to also welcome: EP, FP, HP, GTL, STO, STU, and GTA for the first time. Please check out our web site www.cincyscca.com for more details as they become available.
    Mid Ohio has graciously offered a $75 discount to Cincinnati SCCA members and Friends for their Teen and Adult Defensive Drivers program August 1st and 2nd. This school takes place in the upper paddock during the day. If interested please go to www.Midohioschool.com or call 1-877-793-8667.Use promo CRSCCA 09

Camping is free so bring the family . Volunteers for the weekend will receive a volunteer gift, lunch Saturday and Sunday plus dinner and party Saturday night. If interested in volunteering please contact Race Chairman Todd Cholmondeley at [email protected]

I.T./SPEC*Tacular Hoosier Tire Giveaway
    For each day of the 2009 IT/SPEC*tacular, Hoosier Tire Midwest will be holding a drawing for a free Hoosier Racing Tire. The drawing will be from all entrants. You will receive one entry for each tire purchased from Hoosier Tire Midwest during the IT/SPEC*tacular.

Rules:
    1. One entry per tire purchased during the 2009 IT/SPEC*tacular.
    2. Drawings will be held on Saturday during the Worker/Driver/Sponsor Party, and on Sunday at 1:00 at the Hoosier Tire Midwest Trailer.
    3. Saturday’s winning entry will be removed for the Sunday drawing.
    4. Winners will be posted at the Hoosier Tire Midwest trailer and at Driver’s Information.
    5. Winners will receive One Free Tire Certificate redeemable with Hoosier Tire Midwest.

I'm thinking of racing somewhere this summer. What's the weather typically like that time of year? Is a cool suit recomended?

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by iambhooper View Post
    I'm thinking of racing somewhere this summer. What's the weather typically like that time of year? Is a cool suit recomended?

hoop
    Glad to hear your considering coming!

The usual is Mid 80's - lower 90's and humid. But to counter that there is always a breeze blowing. Very few times have I been to Mid Ohio where the air isn't moving, which makes the evenings comfortable. For those of us who were at last years race...... 70's on Saturday and upper 40's- lower 50's degrees to start Sunday morning. Not typical, but doable for Mid Ohio. I had fun watching one of Vaughan Scott's video's on youtube and seeing everyone in heavy jackets.

Hope that helps.

Todd

Hi everyone,

The Listing for the I.T.Spec*tacular is turned on so you can see it. www.motorsportsreg.com for all the details. Go to Event Types and pick " Club Race" type. All club listing should appear. Look for Cincinnati SCCA July 31-Aug 2nd.

Have a great day,

Todd

just sent in my entry form. Woo hoo!
    cant wait!
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ITA_honda View Post