Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E36 ITS/R Questions

Quote Originally Posted by ed325its View Post
    The E36 has a stock fuel testing port on the fuel rail.
    Welcome.
    It does? my 93 325 does not. not all e36's have this. check before counting on it being there!

Welcome aboard!

You might check, I don't think your car has to be IT legal for the school, but I'm pretty sure it has to be SCCA safety legal. I'm not sure about if you need the fuel port for the school. I am pretty sure that all the OBD1 cars DO NOT have a fuel port on the rail. Check with James at Bimmerworld to get a fuel port.
    John Norris
    #07 ITS/R BMW 325is
    #07 ITS BMW 325
    Sponsors:
    GREEN FLASH BEER
    GT International BMW Service since 1976

Last year at the Summit Point school (NEDIV) I used a NASA spec e30 and had to have an SCCA log book issued. Tech was nice enough to give lots of "fix before next time", one of which was the fuel inspection port, and let me through. As with anything on the internet, YMMV.
    Matthew Olson
    ITR '94 BMW 325is
    RoadRaceTech.com

That would probably still happen with a fuel port however do to a ugly internet battle about an event at Nelson last year stewards are being told that they may not do a fix by next event waiver on any safety item no matter how trivial.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

stewards are being told that they may not do a fix by next event waiver on any safety item no matter how trivial

Nor should they. SAFETY items should never be waived. A fuel test port, however, is used for rules compliance. I'm of the opinion that something like a fuel test port should be allowed to be waived - particularly for a school - but also in general.....as long as you don't do good enough to make it to post-race impound!

I had received one of these waivers myself - and was quite glad. I found that the test port I had was leaking (and I found it as I was loading the car onto the trailer!) - and rather than pass tech with that in place, I removed it completely. Seems like a reasonable request on my part. Had I reached the podium and someone protested me, I think I would have to just suck up the penalty. But in any case, I got to race - which is what I care about.

joe

p.s. crap - this is probably off topic from the intent of the thread. Apologies.
    #13 ITS S13 Nissan 240SX

Quote Originally Posted by juliancates View Post
    No kidding small world! Mine was originally Mauritius Blue. Now it has primer colored "accents". Lol. Will probably see a low-end paintshop in the near future.

It's funny, too, as Scott had mentioned that he had another E36 in the shop right now. How coincidental that it would be you. Scott does fantastic work, I'm sure you'll like the cage. When are you coming down to pick it up?
    Thankfully mine doesn't have any "accents", and I hope to keep it that way... Montreal Blue here BTW.

The cage will be done this week and I'm scheduled to pick it up on Saturday. The guy I'm driving down with mentioned getting together with some other BMW guys for lunch. Perhaps you'd like to join us? (If so, PM me your contact info.)

I'm scrambling to get everything ready in time for BHF, and I might have to rent a car for the school if I can't get everything finished. Do you know of anybody in the area that might have a RWD car for rent? I don't want to do that unless I absolutely have to, but better start putting plan B together.
    I actually don't know many people in this area as I'm relatively new and even newer to the racing crowd. Sorry...

Looking forward to meeting you Nobu.
    Likewise!

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    It does? my 93 325 does not. not all e36's have this. check before counting on it being there!
    I have a '95 325is and also do not have a fuel test port. I had to put in the bimmerworld kit.

Quote Originally Posted by snk328is View Post
    I have a '95 325is and also do not have a fuel test port. I had to put in the bimmerworld kit.
    This is something I had no clue about. Thanks for the info!
    Matthew Brueck

ITA CRX...2009
    BMW 325is ITR (almost)- FOR SALE