Thread: Tires...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

True, but something like Azenis for drivers school or just to get out and have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon T. View Post
    True, but something like Azenis for drivers school or just to get out and have some fun.

I'm sure there are guys in your area that are tossing tires that are better than those and would love to give them to you.

Where are you from?
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

I used Azenis on the 240SX when I first started doing track days at Summit Point. They're about as sticky as you're going to find for a true street tire (Bridgestone RE-01R, RE-11, or Hankook RS-2s are also in that group), but as noted they will still be considerably slower than the slowest R-compound. For comparison, I was able to run 1:38s with the Falkens at Summit, whereas when I started w2w racing with a set of shaved Toyos I was in the 1:34s right off. They will also get pretty greasy when they start to heat up, so you will have to watch for that. If you need something that you can use on the street also, they will work, but in the mean time you should keep an eye out for a used set of Toyos for next to nothing, and they will still be better than the street tires. What size do you need?
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5