OK, I have a ITA CRX. Have had this damn Tranny out way too many times. I've had it to King Motorsports twice now with no fix. I bought a King final drive (4.93) cause I wanted to try the 4.93. It had to be modified by them to fit and they did the install. At the same time, I told them I was having problems with 5th to 4th shifting. I had them put the FD in last Summer. When I got it in the car and out in February, I still had problems with the 5th to 4th. Seems to only happen when I am "briefly" in 5th. When I am in 5th for a long straight, I don't have a problem.

Also, seems when I took the car out in February, not only did I have problems with 5th to 4th, but, I also had a the mainshaft seal folded by King, sooooo, I got lots of oil in the clutch and after 3 sessions, it was slipping in 3rd, 4th, and 5th.

So, I pulled the tranny, again. And I mailed it back to King. They fixed the seal, replaced the 3rd and 4th shift forks and replace the bearings but couldn't findy any thing with 4th or 5th. I put it back in the car. Cleaned up the clutch from before as it was new.

Well, at the track, first time out, 5th to 4th is still sticking. Again, only when I go into 5th briefly, works fine when I am in 5th for a long section of the big straight. But, clutch starting slipping right away. Pulled the started, looked in at the clutch, looks to be dry. I don't think the seal is leaking, haven't pulled the tranny yet though.

So, when a clutch disc gets fouled with oil, is it junk?

And, any idea what is causing my 5th to 4th issues?