Thread: '96 Civic CX HB

Question '96 Civic CX HB

Anyone know if a '96 Civic CX Hatchback has been raced in IT before? Would like to know the class and weight if ITA.

Thanks,

Efrain
    Efrain N Alers
    Nativo Performance
    787-635-9546
    https://improvedtouring.coms/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12013&dateline=120412  5665

I don't have the 09' GCR in front of me but I would swear that the cx woudl nto be an "A" car. I don't even see it classes in the 08' GCR I have here at the office, but I maybe missing it.
    Last edited by quadzjr; 02-24-2009 at 09:36 AM.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

I don't believe that there is a classification for the 96-00 Civic hatch (EK) at all currently. there are classifications for the EX (ITA) and Si (ITS) coupes in that generation, but neither came in the 3-door body style. If the DX is classified - say in ITB, then you could convert the car to DX and run there (no more VIN rule). or you could request that the car be classified (likely in ITC or IT. As a point of reference, the 92-95 (EG) Civic CX is classed in ITC.

Last edited by AE86ITA; 02-24-2009 at 03:51 PM.
    Efrain N Alers
    Nativo Performance
    787-635-9546
    https://improvedtouring.coms/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12013&dateline=120412  5665

Is it just me, or is this a little hard to decipher?
    Last edited by Ed Funk; 02-24-2009 at 07:10 PM. Reason: OP made it easier to understand!
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

First question is how (or if) the CX is any different than a DX, in terms of what we care about for classing/spec'ing in IT.

Second would be either asking for the CX to be listed (if it is substantively different) OR worrying about whether the DX is listed - or listed correctly. Any or all of these things could be initiated by a letter to the club racing office with SPECIFIC requests to do what you want done. This really needs to be accompanied by documentation sufficient for the ITAC to make a decision, including all of the kinds of information you see in the ITCS, explanations of changes during the generation production run, comparisons with similar/related models, etc.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    First question is how (or if) the CX is any different than a DX, in terms of what we care about for classing/spec'ing in IT.

K
    for 96-00 EK hatchbacks, the CX and DX are "trim level changes".

Things like, AC, PS, and other little things maybe even the rear wiper.

The motor is the exact same, along with the trans, brakes, suspension, chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc View Post
    for 96-00 EK hatchbacks, the CX and DX are "trim level changes".

Things like, AC, PS, and other little things maybe even the rear wiper.

The motor is the exact same, along with the trans, brakes, suspension, chassis.
    well that would make life a bit easier...
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

I think this would be a good car for ITA or perhaps ITB- depending on how light it could be made. Specs at first glance appear similar to 88-91 CRX Si

Quote Originally Posted by ITC Racer View Post
    I think this would be a good car for ITA or perhaps ITB- depending on how light it could be made. Specs at first glance appear similar to 88-91 CRX Si
    accept that car is an anomaly, as it was HEAVILY underrate from the factory.

I don't have my info with me right now but I think that the DX of that generation (or maybe the '92-95 version?) is currently on the ITAC list-of-things-to-look-at. If someone would provide documentation via...

crb@scca.com

...we could maybe fix the CX situation at the same time.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    I don't have my info with me right now but I think that the DX of that generation (or maybe the '92-95 version?) is currently on the ITAC list-of-things-to-look-at. If someone would provide documentation via...

crb@scca.com

...we could maybe fix the CX situation at the same time.

K
    I submitted the 92-95 DX to be moved to ITB, I was waiting until I find the results of that before I submit the 96-00 for ITB.
    Mike Uhlinger