Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: March 09 Fast Track

Default March 09 Fast Track

Fast track is out.

http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastra...rack-march.pdf

I didn't ask for 'clarification' of the air dam rule. I asked for it to be changed. But either way - status quo rules. Yes I still think its dumb to allow any air dam, but require stock ones to remain in place. No you can't convince me that there is any additional gain being prevented, simply because tons of cars have no air dam to begin with. And yes I'll stop talking about it now.

Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Technical Bulletin:

"2. Add to Appendix B: Traction Control – Any system that employs electronic signals to reduce wheel spin, independent of direct driver inputs. To achieve their goal, such systems may, for example, reduce engine speed, reduce fuel flow, selectively apply braking, or modify differential output."

Ergo, if it doesn't use "electronic signals" - e.g., sensors - it's not "traction control"...

Where's that damn popcorn icon...?

ITS – Clarify Neon ACR move to ITA (Gulick). Tabled for further research

I am cofused by this one? Jake, do you care to coment?

Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Arrow

"Move the RX8 to ITS?" - Marcus

I don't even think one has yet been built for ITR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    "Move the RX8 to ITS?" - Marcus

I don't even think one has yet been built for ITR.
    You bet there has.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit07 View Post
    ITS – Clarify Neon ACR move to ITA (Gulick). Tabled for further research

I am cofused by this one? Jake, do you care to coment?

Not sure how this got tagged as Jake. Larry Ray wrote the letter.
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Not sure how this got tagged as Jake. Larry Ray wrote the letter.
    Thanks Andy
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

You bet there has.
    Ok.

And does this figure into the moving it into S request?

Ok.

And does this figure into the moving it into S request?
    Sure it does! Only from the requestors standpoint. The RX-8 is an ITR car in the opinion of the ITAC. The weight is what is currently being hotly debated. Either way, it just may not be the best car for the class. A shame too.
    Andy Bettencourt

The weight is what is currently being hotly debated. Either way, it just may not be the best car for the class. A shame too.
    Call me an outcast, but if there is no apparent "best car" for a class then to me it means the ITAC has done a good job in classing the cars. If there is a "best car" for the class something is wrong.

Call me an outcast, but if there is no apparent "best car" for a class then to me it means the ITAC has done a good job in classing the cars. If there is a "best car" for the class something is wrong.
    i think what he's saying is that it may be at a disadvantage, and there's nothing they can do about it.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
    i think what he's saying is that it may be at a disadvantage, and there's nothing they can do about it.
    Unfortunately, that viewpoint sort of depends on who you ask - the folks wanting to build them or the folks racing against them.

Unfortunately, that viewpoint sort of depends on who you ask - the folks wanting to build them or the folks racing against them.
    if no one is willing to build them, i think that gives you a pretty strong signal towards your answer.

i'm not super knowledgeable on the cars, but i look at it the same was as the S2000. awesome car that i'd love to compete with, but at 3000lbs i think they're too heavy, and i'm not going to be the $20,000 guinea pig.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

There is one ITR RX8 in Florida, the person who requested the move to ITS built it.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

i'd be interested to know what his thought process is and expected outcome of that request.....for the sake of my own curiosity.

Q; What's worse than a 3000lb RX-8?
    A; A 3250lb RX-8.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

I can only speak for myself personally, but I don't see it as an S car even with the issues related to stock hp rating and potential gain (or lack thereof) for the Renesis.

It's clearly an R car (to me).
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

The car you are talking about belongs to Buzz Marcus. He is a past pro driver and plenty quick in his older ITS Speedsource RX7. His car is a 10/10ths build by Speedsource and was a total waste of time and money. He had the car built when he thought it would get classed properly. Not going to kick that wounded horse again but the proof for a lot of ITR cars is the lack of builds. Time for the ITAC to take a leap of faith and fix it later if they were wrong. He was just tweaking you guys with the ITS request to show the insane logic that has a car with 25% less torque, and less HP classed 200+ pounds heavier than other cars in the class. As my sig says--RIP.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
    Correct.
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    He was just tweaking you guys with the ITS request .....
    Steve, that's too bad.

Here's why. For anyone who might want to try and rectify the situation, his request served as a problem.

The ITAC is in a constant process of trying to be better. Trying to be responsive, consistent transparent and accountable.

That's much different than the way committees in the club have operated in the past.

because he wrote us requesting an action, we are bound by procedure to respond to the action he requests. IF he had written another type of request, we would be bound to respond to THAT request. The CRB is going to get accountability from the ITAC, and we want the same from the CRB and the BoD.

We might "know" (wink wink) what the requester wants, but, we have to act on what he writes. It's our duty to the club.

(I'll be honest here that there is considerable "discussion" regarding that car, and other procedural factors that affect how that car, and cars like it are handled. We need to make sure that we are consistent. fair, transparent, and accountable in how we handle that case, and similar ones. It IS being worked on.)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Steve, that's too bad.

Here's why. For anyone who might want to try and rectify the situation, his request served as a problem.

The ITAC is in a constant process of trying to be better. Trying to be responsive, consistent transparent and accountable.

That's much different than the way committees in the club have operated in the past.

because he wrote us requesting an action, we are bound by procedure to respond to the action he requests. IF he had written another type of request, we would be bound to respond to THAT request. The CRB is going to get accountability from the ITAC, and we want the same from the CRB and the BoD.

We might "know" (wink wink) what the requester wants, but, we have to act on what he writes. It's our duty to the club.

(I'll be honest here that there is considerable "discussion" regarding that car, and other procedural factors that affect how that car, and cars like it are handled. We need to make sure that we are consistent. fair, transparent, and accountable in how we handle that case, and similar ones. It IS being worked on.)
    I have not spoken with Buzz, just guessing myself, A lot of people are just frustrated, for lack of a better term, that cars they would like to build have no real chance against good builds of other makes. Glad to hear there is ongoing discussion. We really need more cars if ITR is to survive. ITR builds are way too expensive to build an underdog of any make. The poster child of the process will hopefully get more refined. You have some good blood on the ITAC now with a more open mind so it might happen.Should I change my sig to "on life support" instead of RIP???
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)