Quote Originally Posted by Tanj View Post
I plan to have a fuel pressure gauge but was going to put it under the hood as the car is carbed. Hadn't thought about a volt meter.
You really need to see the fuel pressure from the car.It is paramount to understanding issues like, is it the pickup running dry in the corner, or a carb problem that is causing this stumble?? If you have pressure, you know it's not the pick up.

there are two options: Get a very accurate gauge, or get a super accurate gauge and a cheap gauge. Use the lab quality super accurate one to set up the regulator, then pack it away so vibration doesn't damage it. it goes on a T underhood, and day to day monitoring is done via a normal gauge ont the dash. Paul Yaw used to sell the right one on his website:Yawpower. He's gotten out of the 1st gen business, but you might find a treasure trove of info there, and the type and model gauge he recommends.

1st gen carbs are very sensitive to proper presssure.

Or get a good one and adjust with that. I had a good one, then got the lab version, and I was lucky, my gauge is very accurate.