Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: St. Louis Region Regional/National/IT Tour March 28 & 29

Default St. Louis Region Regional/National/IT Tour March 28 & 29

Registration is open for St. Louis Region's Regional/National/IT Tour at Gateway on March 28 & 29. To register go to http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/gcr.a...EventID%3d3747
    Bryon Prokopf
    St. Louis Region Club Race Committee Chairperson
    T&S, F&C

It was nice of you guys to invite the IT crowd.
    1992 Mazda Miata #83 ITA/SM
    Eating Red Meat isn't bad for you...eating green, fuzzy meat is bad for you!

Default Idea?

Hey Bryan... I have no plans to do so this race weekend...BUT...it might be a good idea to separate the IT group and the STU group by a couple sessions to allow for double dipping by IT cars. If group 2 and 3 were swapped at a minimum it could work.

Just an idea...
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

Good idea Mark! I know of a certain Bud/Bud Light team that are planning on double dipping.

Dunno if I'll be running or not. Budget took a big hit 2 weeks ago.
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

I know of a certain STU driver already requesting a move to the (GASP!!!) SM/SS/T2-3 group 4!
    Last edited by SLUF; 02-18-2009 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkflyer View Post
    It was nice of you guys to invite the IT crowd.
    I personally believe that the regions that are doing these double nationals with no IT Tour are making a mistake. The IT group has always been one of, if not the, biggest groups we have at our races. This is a very large group of racers that we need to cater to

Quote Originally Posted by buldogge View Post
    Hey Bryan... I have no plans to do so this race weekend...BUT...it might be a good idea to separate the IT group and the STU group by a couple sessions to allow for double dipping by IT cars. If group 2 and 3 were swapped at a minimum it could work.

Just an idea...
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will plan on requesting a rearrangement of the groups for future races. As Bud has stated he has already requested that STU be moved to a different group for this weekend. This is a change that the chief steward would have to make at this point and it would probably not be done until the weekend is much closer and only with the approval of all STU drivers.
    Bryon Prokopf
    T&S, F&C

Just to get on my soapbox for a moment or two..............................................

STU is a much better fit speedwise with the SM/SS/T2/T3 groups than mixing it up with GT1 and GT2 cars in equal states of prep. I was a little shocked when I saw the initial groupings on the MIDIV site but they are what they are. I know there will be a few kinks to work out in this experiment and I do not mind being part of it. I know my request may get shot down and if so, I at least asked instead of bitched about it. I'll be there no matter what group I have to run with! Thanks to race chairman and volunteers like Bryon I'll have a place to play.

And there is a small possibility I may double-double dip by running a yet to be named car in the IT group! May as well get all my licensing requirements done in a single weekend.

Default Well...

At the October race at Gateway we (ITS/ITR/ITE) always run with the GT cars...not a big deal if the numbers are low/regional race...bigger deal at a "national" race for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUF View Post
    Just to get on my soapbox for a moment or two..............................................

STU is a much better fit speedwise with the SM/SS/T2/T3 groups than mixing it up with GT1 and GT2 cars in equal states of prep. I was a little shocked when I saw the initial groupings on the MIDIV site but they are what they are. I know there will be a few kinks to work out in this experiment and I do not mind being part of it. I know my request may get shot down and if so, I at least asked instead of bitched about it. I'll be there no matter what group I have to run with! Thanks to race chairman and volunteers like Bryon I'll have a place to play.

And there is a small possibility I may double-double dip by running a yet to be named car in the IT group! May as well get all my licensing requirements done in a single weekend.
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

Just in case I don't get moved out of group 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 AS John Lechner White/Blue1994FordMustang Sponsored by: Hoosier Tire
    5 T1 Natha Waldbaum Red2002ChevroletCorvette ZO6 Sponsored by: Gregg Young Chevrolet/C&S Dyno/VETTESPORT/Corvette Recyclers
    28 GT2 Bill Allman Purple/Yellow1995MazdaRX-7 Sponsored by: Car Star/MAZDASPEED
    34 EP Jesse Prather White/Red1994MazdaMiata Sponsored by: Prather Racing / Moss Motors / Carbotech
    38 STO Barry Vincion yellow1996chevroletcorvette Sponsored by: VINCION MOTORSPORTS/ VETTESPORT /STABLE IMAGING
    39 EP Jud Scott blue1988Porsche944S Sponsored by: SCOTT CPA
    41 GT1 Michael Major Red/white2000ChevroletCamaro
    74 EP Kevin Grant yellow1996mazdamiata Sponsored by: Fox Racing
    98 T1 Jim Lynch Black2005DodgeViper Sponsored by: Lynch Hummer/ Adventure Performance
    0 STU Bud Scott White1985MazdaRX-7 Sponsored by: Scott Aerospace Technologies
    Last edited by SLUF; 03-11-2009 at 09:00 PM.

Just in case I don't get moved out of group 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 AS John Lechner White/Blue1994FordMustang Sponsored by: Hoosier Tire
    5 T1 Natha Waldbaum Red2002ChevroletCorvette ZO6 Sponsored by: Gregg Young Chevrolet/C&S Dyno/VETTESPORT/Corvette Recyclers
    28 GT2 Bill Allman Purple/Yellow1995MazdaRX-7 Sponsored by: Car Star/MAZDASPEED
    34 EP Jesse Prather White/Red1994MazdaMiata Sponsored by: Prather Racing / Moss Motors / Carbotech
    38 STO Barry Vincion yellow1996chevroletcorvette Sponsored by: VINCION MOTORSPORTS/ VETTESPORT /STABLE IMAGING
    39 EP Jud Scott blue1988Porsche944S Sponsored by: SCOTT CPA
    41 GT1 Michael Major Red/white2000ChevroletCamaro
    74 EP Kevin Grant yellow1996mazdamiata Sponsored by: Fox Racing
    98 T1 Jim Lynch Black2005DodgeViper Sponsored by: Lynch Hummer/ Adventure Performance
    0 STU Bud Scott White1985MazdaRX-7 Sponsored by: Scott Aerospace Technologies
    Keep an eye out for Blue Flags!

Yea....thats the problem with STU - it is in the big bore group. I'd like to see it in the SM- SSS-T3 group. STU would fit better there because of the DOT tires they run. There is a fairely serious STU Lexus in Midiv - he was as fast as a mid pack EP car at Hallet. Need to get more cars in the class to get some leverage.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

To their credit, the STL race organizers are making the effort to accommodate my request. They have also taken steps to get the groups sorted for future races to help out us "slow double dippers" get some more racing in for the same weekend.

Two weeks til race and only 8 IT's registered. Who else is coming?
    Bryon Prokopf
    T&S, F&C

Just passing along how the event officials are treating our request for our STU group move. ALL the race officials have been very accommodating and understanding of the reasons behind the request and are jumping through hoops to help out. I just got off the phone with the chief steward and he had a good chuckle at which vehicle I had actually entered and its placement in the big bore GT class of all things. Just kudos and thanks to all the STL race officials for helping us IT double dippers out!

Just passing along how the event officials are treating our request for our STU group move. ALL the race officials have been very accommodating and understanding of the reasons behind the request and are jumping through hoops to help out. I just got off the phone with the chief steward and he had a good chuckle at which vehicle I had actually entered and its placement in the big bore GT class of all things. Just kudos and thanks to all the STL race officials for helping us IT double dippers out!
    If it means we can get another entry you would be suprised what we will do

Only 14 IT's registered. Who else is coming?
    Bryon Prokopf
    T&S, F&C

Default Well...

I'll be there, even though there is not a single ITS car registered!
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by buldogge View Post
    I'll be there, even though there is not a single ITS car registered!
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I was hoping to come up and try to recruit some of you guys to drive down for the Heart of Dixie at Nashville in June. I am only mid pack fodder with the guys in Sediv so I thought I might see some other tracks as I develop the car.

Work got in the way and I just don't feel like driving from the Mobile to Huntsville, changing trucks and driving on to St. Louis on Friday.

Not to mention I keep hearing rumors that the previous owner of my car was involved in some type of "racing incident" many years ago at Gateway.

Have a fun, safe weekend. Hopefully the rain will be out of there for the weekend.
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Quote Originally Posted by brprok81 View Post
    If it means we can get another entry you would be suprised what we will do

Only 14 IT's registered. Who else is coming?
    The following answers your question, but is indeed somewhat editorial.

I would loved to have run this race, but I refuse to be abused while entertaining my hobby, and back-to-back IT Tour weekends is abuse, IMO. Sorry - I had to make a choice, and St. Louis lost to Hallett based on towing distance if nothing else.
    Gary Learned
    MiDiv
    Volvo 142E
    http://www.youtube.com/user/denrael

Default Well...

I don't know about abuse...but...I agree with Gary that back to back weekends is hard. I'm the flip side of the coin and choose (obviously) GIR, given the 10mile drive and all.

I haven't been to Hallett in like 5 years now...bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary L View Post

I would loved to have run this race, but I refuse to be abused while entertaining my hobby, and back-to-back IT Tour weekends is abuse, IMO. Sorry - I had to make a choice, and St. Louis lost to Hallett based on towing distance if nothing else.
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

Default Hey Paul...

That's too bad...Would have loved to see a fresh face.

I'm sure you could have run well with us Midwest hacks.

No offense to Nashville...but...the track kinda sucks (especially driving for a no points race). I lost a motor mount/front subframe and tranny mounts (both!) and tranny crossmember on their new curbing 2 years ago.

While I finished the race(s) and had fun in the field of fast SEDiv cars, I don't see myself rushing back.

BTW...I'm the Eastern most situated ITS driver (that's not in Memphis/Mid-South if any of them are still racing) in the MiDiv FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by pballance View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I was hoping to come up and try to recruit some of you guys to drive down for the Heart of Dixie at Nashville in June. I am only mid pack fodder with the guys in Sediv so I thought I might see some other tracks as I develop the car.

Work got in the way and I just don't feel like driving from the Mobile to Huntsville, changing trucks and driving on to St. Louis on Friday.

Not to mention I keep hearing rumors that the previous owner of my car was involved in some type of "racing incident" many years ago at Gateway.

Have a fun, safe weekend. Hopefully the rain will be out of there for the weekend.
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by Gary L View Post

Sorry you are not going to make it Gary. I fully understand the difficulty of back to back weekends. It is tough to do these races as a worker and I know it is even harder for drivers. When we made the schedule we tried to avoid these situations but unfortunately it did not work out. The division seems to be making strides in spreading the races out over the course of the season but it is obvious we still have some work to do for next years schedule.
    Bryon Prokopf
    T&S, F&C