Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to our newest IT drivers!!

Default Congratulations to our newest IT drivers!!

We had a good showing of new IT drivers at Roebling Road for the drivers school. Mostly ITS and ITR with a few others. Took a lot of car swapping and drivers sharing but I believe they all made it through. One ITC civic was $50 a session for anyone broken and never parked. Excellent job of pulling together to help our new drivers.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Always good to hear.....

Tell us about the new guys in S?? Can't wait to see some new blood out there this year. Slow blood I hope......but new blood...lol.....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Lightbulb

Hey hey, this is good news!! What does S and R have in store for it?

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    We had a good showing of new IT drivers at Roebling Road for the drivers school. Mostly ITS and ITR with a few others. Took a lot of car swapping and drivers sharing but I believe they all made it through. One ITC civic was $50 a session for anyone broken and never parked. Excellent job of pulling together to help our new drivers.
    A GREAT idea! Anyone have pics of the event? Would love to see some ITR cars!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Hey hey, this is good news!! What does S and R have in store for it?
    I bet they are not FWD!

LMAO...
    Jeremy Billiel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Billiel View Post
    I bet they are not FWD!
    LMAO...
    Gawd, I should hope not. Nobody in their right mind would look at a FWD Honduh/Toyo product and say "RACE CAR!".

Hey,

That was a fun and well run school. I really enjoyed myself and walked away with a signed Novice Permit. My only gripe was starting our race so late on Saturday that it was hard to see the flag stations...and my shift lights were hurting my eyes.

March VIR will be my first race. I am sure that I will see some of you guys there.

And yes, that red civic got a lot of use.

Had a lot of 944's, BMW's, and a 300Z. Well prepared cars. I believe we had 7 or 8 E production cars. One wicked fast girl in a spec miata so this will be fun. Running 1:25 and not afraid to mix it up.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Awesome news!

That is a lot of Prod cars it seems, a whole lot.

NICE. Glad to see E Prod coming back a bit. Rich Harbaugh and co. will be happy.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    One wicked fast girl in a spec miata so this will be fun. Running 1:25 and not afraid to mix it up.
    Hey Steve, who was that girls instructor? I wonder if she actually listened to him.

I got two words for you boys in SM, Lucie Wirgin!!!

What a great school. The only thing missing was Mr. Young.

Mr. Underwood - you did fantastic with "Champ". You will be an ITB force, period! Congratulations on doing it right. Your dedication is obvious.
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

I was there, and had an absolute blast! My Rx7 isnt done so i borrowed a SM for the weekend, and attempted to keep up with Lucie... Wow she was fast.

Thanks to all that helped It really was a great event.

Marc thank you so much for all your support and encouragement this weekend it really helped!

Im finishing up my undergrad degree right no so i can not participate in anything prior to June but i plan on attending IT fest this year.

Wes

Mr. Underwood- I was in the 39 SM that was running with you during the race on saturday. That was a blast! It also unfortunately was the only session i forgot to push the record button on the video camera....:mad: Oh well lots of fun!

Wes

Jesus! You guys passed even with Dana around?? You still even want to race after meeting THAT guy??

Seriously, Marc, haul the silver bullet up north this year and put a whippin' on us at CMP or Roebling. Would love to see you again. We are tentatively talking about Daytona again, so maybe we will see (your tailights) there.

Glad everyone had a good time. Look forward to racing with you folks this year.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Wes,

You are quite welcome. It was all my pleasure to meet you and your crew boy. You did fantastic. I'm very proud of you. You will do fine in that Rx-7.

Jeff,

In spite of me, all three of my students did very well. I had two adopted students that also did very well. In fact, four of my students finished in the top ten positions in the Sunday race, with Lucie starting from pole. Sadly for her, she threw it off the track in T5, recovered, and finished 17th OA!!

Very proud of my kids. You all made me look good.

Thanks,

Oh yeah Jeff. For being such a PITA at the track, I got a free test day certificate. That was a nice surprise. Guess that means I'm coming up there sometime. As far as Daytona, my offer still stands for you and Ron. We will talk more as it gets closer.
    Last edited by Mazmarc63; 02-17-2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: for forgetting something important.
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

Marc, sounds like you had a great time. Weather good the entire weekend?

Bring it on up here for some of the races, we'll have a good time. As Jeff says, I think Daytona might be in the cards at least once this year, maybe more if we can work out some deals.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbronco View Post
    Mr. Underwood- I was in the 39 SM that was running with you during the race on saturday. That was a blast! It also unfortunately was the only session i forgot to push the record button on the video camera....:mad: Oh well lots of fun!

Wes
    Yes, it was fun! Bummer on no vid though. I sort of wish that I would have brought my camera. Marc was giving me grief for it on Sat. night. I did have the DL1 going the whole weekend. That was helpful.

I have to say, that I thought that everyone as a whole did a good job in our group (3). Yes, some folks had little track experience, BUT...everyone seemed to be doing what was asked of them in class, and that made the difference. Credit to the folks running the school for that.

Anyone have any pics or vid to post?
    Tristan Herbert
    2011 World Challenge TC Rookie of the Year
    2011 ARRC ITB Champion
    2011 IT Fest ITB Champion
    2009 MARRS - ITB Champion
    BRIMTEK/Germanautoparts.com

Jeff did great all weekend. Didn't get to talk to him much but I did see his outside passes at 4!

Have to brag on my guys and an IT.com poster. Tom Donnolley. Hope I spelled it right. In a new to him 240z, with many little gremlins, he managed to drop 23 SECONDS off of his early laptimes and got down to a 1:28. My other guys got down to a 1:24 in a ITS 300zx and 1:24 in a ITR BMW. I think both of them were tops for the class.

More later as work is slamming me today.....
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmarc63 View Post
    Wes,

You are quite welcome. It was all my pleasure to meet you and your crew boy.
    Marc,

Crew boy?? --That's the best compliment I've had in a long time!!

I had a great time and really appreciated the weather. My last 30 minutes of driving on the return trip was in blowing snow flurries. It made the sunburn on my arms twinge.

You did a fantastic job with all your students and really made the weekend something to remember as special.

Many Thanks!!!

Ray