Thread: American Touring Car Championship Announced

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Grammer View Post
    Matt:

We classify 50 cars. Koni classifies 26. So while I respect where you are coming from, our classification is far from a direct copy of Koni or any other series. I think SCCA T3 classifies 24 cars, making them a much closer "copy" of Koni ST then we are.

I'm also pretty secure in my relationship with the staff at Grand-Am. I speak with them on a fairly regular basis and I'll be seeing them in a few weeks when they come to VIR. We may even run some weekends with them at a race or two this year! We aren't a threat to them or their car classifications... in fact... we could feed teams to Koni that start with us, and build up to run Koni!

Now... if I was specing "Daytona Prototypes", I would expect a phone call from them!
    Ken,

No V8 cars ?? Some of us non-small bore drivers want to do these races. You should not freeze us out.

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

Rules don't spec a model for E90 bmw so I guess you just gotta run a BMW v8. However I find it funny somebody would bring this up as it appears the rules still need some work.

Best I can tell Rob is this is a mirror of the ST classes in Koni Challenge. All the V8 cars are in the GT classes. Big bore cars just don't have the places to play for some reason. Robert Z has a much better plan with Pro IT running support for big races. Tough economy to start another series.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Nobody runs as Pro. The "Pro IT" Is just another run group.
    Pro, inverts the top ten or so, pays money,equalises the cars, adds weight to the winners. Pro keeps it close, advertises in the various mags. A good pro series would make use of a good rivalry between the Jap, German and American cars.
    It has to have paying spectators and be a race, not a bunch of well driven cars, IE, SCCA race. If the "race" is a drive away, they fix it.
    MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    Best I can tell Rob is this is a mirror of the ST classes in Koni Challenge. All the V8 cars are in the GT classes. Big bore cars just don't have the places to play for some reason. Robert Z has a much better plan with Pro IT running support for big races. Tough economy to start another series.
    I would think that ECR and CCPS would want all the entries they can get and would class our V8 enduro cars. NASA has a place for me. Atlanta region and NC region allow me to race.

It shouldnt be a big deal.

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion