Thread: Teach me about ITR 325's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What I am saying Dan is that this is for sure an interesting case study. I see it in ways that don't mesh:

1. I don't think you can legally take off the lip. If you are going to UD/BD, I feel the ITCS is clear that you have to do it as an assembly.

2. If the resultant unit is outside the paramters of what can be done when you create one on your own - should the stock piece be legal?

3. If no to #2, then should this car be specifically de-listed? If a car is outside the specs and requirmements of the ITCS in any way, should it even be allowed in?

This car IMHO shines light on a philisophical issue more than anything. Not sure where I fall currently. I see it both ways. I see it the 'wheel' way AND I see it the 'rr shock' way.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    What I am saying Dan is that this is for sure an interesting case study. I see it in ways that don't mesh:

1. I don't think you can legally take off the lip. If you are going to UD/BD, I feel the ITCS is clear that you have to do it as an assembly.

2. If the resultant unit is outside the paramters of what can be done when you create one on your own - should the stock piece be legal?

3. If no to #2, then should this car be specifically de-listed? If a car is outside the specs and requirmements of the ITCS in any way, should it even be allowed in?

This car IMHO shines light on a philisophical issue more than anything. Not sure where I fall currently. I see it both ways. I see it the 'wheel' way AND I see it the 'rr shock' way.
    Andy, I saw this coming a mile away. To me this is like a guy beating me and winning a race and being a few lbs. under weight, windshield washer bottle, or a person using a short shifter. I'd never protest him because I know it's not the equipment that beat me, it was the driver. If he has nitrous, that might be another story. I'll run what ever the rules say I can run. If my bumper cover is deemed illegal, at least let me crash the nose so I have an excuse to replace it and get my money out of it. The way my luck was at the end of last year, it shouldn't be too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Wait a sec...you are saying the above because of the idea that you have to UD/BD an assembly. What defines where the assembly ends??

I can understand someone saying part #1 in the picture is an assembly on its own. Part #23 is not the bumper cover, but a splitter added to the bumper cover. So do we call everything listed in the picture a bumper cover? Or do we only call part #1 the bumper cover?

This is only one specific case - but in general, who defines where an "assembly" ends?
    #13 ITS S13 Nissan 240SX