Thread: Teach me about ITR 325's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post
    And air as a bushing is justifiable in your mind....give me a break. Is air then justifiable as a washer bottle or wiring harness in your mind?

R
    Can you cite someone/some car who actually does this and claims it's legal? I think it's bantered about but in reality it's internet folklore.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Can you cite someone/some car who actually does this and claims it's legal? I think it's bantered about but in reality it's internet folklore.

No AB. I know no one. But I remember the discussions about it ad nauseum, as I know you do.

My comments were only directed at the fact that the GCR offers no clarity on the questions I posed. Next thing you know I'm a rules creeper. As I stated mine are stock rubber, period. Reminds me of the RX7 1st gen rear wing guy.....easy to see why he made the mistake....even easier to see why he got beat up here. I guess I learned my lesson....I'll spend more time with my family and less time on IT.com. I'll let the "pro's" chase windmills.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

*I* don't feel like the GCR has to offer clarity to the questions you posed Rob, because *I* don't feel you have posed reasonable questions.

The bushings on your racecar are not free. Suspensions bushings may be replaced. Has nothing to do with brakes. By your logic, engine mounts would be free because they are bushings. Just not true.

The section of the ITCS in which an allowance is given IS applicable.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 02-16-2009 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Trying to be more PC...
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967