Thread: Teach me about ITR 325's

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    We discussed that with respect to the rear shocks on the S2000. The general pricinciple, I believe, is that stock parts are always fine, but any changes made to the car under the ITCS allowances have to meet the specification of that allowance.

The wheel diameter rules do allow stock wheels, as far as I can tell. But the WIDTH rules are inflexible in that way, and probably violate the principle.
    Good memory on the RR / S2000. Without my GCR handy though, IIRC, the wording of the rule is key. You MAY add aftermarket shocks...and if you do they have to be XXX.

I think the splitter wording just gives the paramters...it doesn't reference what you can do IF you add. I could be wrong but if that is right it's a subtle but importanat differnence.

99% of the cars in the ITCS allow stock wheels but IIRC, there is a Porcshe or two that came with 16's or 17's and the spec line limits them - the same for the RX-7. The infamous GTUs came with 16's that are specifically disallowed on the line.

IMHO, stock parts should always be legal.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 03-08-2009 at 05:54 PM.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967