Quote Originally Posted by ekim952522000 View Post
I was looking at the 92-95 325i/is classed at 2765 in ITR. I am finishing up my Prelude and will be building a second car for the wife I was going to build another Honda but thought I would do some research on other options so I can make a informed decision.

<---Sorry for all the questions Honda guy trying to broaden his horizons.
Mike, it's a good car, easy to build, easy to drive, reliable and low-maintenance. 245s will fit. Brakes are plenty capable and low-maintenance. I don't know the specifics on engine and transmission costs, but they are probably more than Honda stuff ... but you won't need them. Good stock used diffs are a few hundred, fully-built race diffs are a couple thousand. But you won't break one, so it's a one-time cost. ECU: I'm not sure about what you can do to a stock one (mine is different, it's well-programmable) but Motec works as a replacement. As for the weight, I thought this was for your wife :-)

Also, there are already-built cars for good prices out there. Mike Courtney's might even still be for sale ... it's well-built, fast, and local.