Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about ITR 325's

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    Yes, it would seem to be part of the spec line, and therefore, you can use its parts.

As far as the subframe mount reinforcements, as we discussed earlier in the thread, in my opinion you need to have some sort of proof that the M-Technic came with them. I haven't seen anyone produce that sort of documentation yet.
    Thanks.. I wasn't jumping on the reinforcement bandwagon, just saw an M-Technic for sale at almost a reasonable price, and wondered if that was on the same spec line with the other stuff... just kinda looking until the right car comes along, then may pick one up to play with. Until then, I've got my ITA car I've been running for 17 years to keep rolling along with

Quote Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
    Thanks.. I wasn't jumping on the reinforcement bandwagon, just saw an M-Technic for sale at almost a reasonable price, and wondered if that was on the same spec line with the other stuff... just kinda looking until the right car comes along, then may pick one up to play with. Until then, I've got my ITA car I've been running for 17 years to keep rolling along with
    Hit me with a link to that MT. I would love one of those...
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Ahhhhhh yes Andy.........come over to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    Ahhhhhh yes Andy.........come over to the dark side.
    If I had the money, I would have an ITR E46 325 Coupe for sure! I just like that car as a street car. Plenty of seat time in an E36 M3 back in the day.
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    Actually no. Side molding can be removed so that is a moot point. The bumper covers should be changed as a pair to bring the tub up to 89-91 spec. You are not allowed to create a model, just bring that tub to match the desired years spec. Nothing earth shattering.
    OK, turning my original question inside out, are you saying that if I use any S5-only parts on my S4 tub, that I must replace all S4-only parts with S5 parts, except those with explicit allowances, like body side molding? And if I choose not to remove my S4 side molding that I am illegal? This would be a big paradigm shift for me that I'm still trying to wrap my brain around.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
    OK, turning my original question inside out, are you saying that if I use any S5-only parts on my S4 tub, that I must replace all S4-only parts with S5 parts, except those with explicit allowances, like body side molding? And if I choose not to remove my S4 side molding that I am illegal? This would be a big paradigm shift for me that I'm still trying to wrap my brain around.
    I don't think that is the case. Again, we all need to agree that the spec line defines the model. As far as the ITCS/GCR are concerned, all 1986 to 1991 RX-7's are the same model. You can update/backdate ASSEMBLIES from anything on that spec line.

As you know, it is not possible to create a car that is better than the 1989-1990 GTUs no matter what you use because they are all the same or lesser parts on the S4's.
    Andy Bettencourt

This is an E36, not E46.. besides, If I give you the link, you might get it ahead of me I'm hoping to let it sit a while so he'll come down on price (its not pristine by any means - kind of a 'hood car).

This is an E36, not E46.. besides, If I give you the link, you might get it ahead of me I'm hoping to let it sit a while so he'll come down on price (its not pristine by any means - kind of a 'hood car).
    Oh, I know it's an E36. I had an E36 M3...the MT is just one of those low production cars I find cool...
    Andy Bettencourt

Oh, I know it's an E36. I had an E36 M3...the MT is just one of those low production cars I find cool...
    What should a high milage fairly straight, but kinda tired example go for?

What should a high milage fairly straight, but kinda tired example go for?
    I have no idea. So rare it's a tough call. Rob sold one a few years back...he would know.
    Andy Bettencourt

I had a perfect MT with 60k that sold for $15,500 a few years back and a pure rat ball that sold for $7,500 in 2005.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by robits325is View Post
    ...and a pure rat ball that sold for $7,500 in 2005.
    Rob, That must have been quite the ad.
    Ed Tisdale
    #22 ITR '95 325is (For Sale, $15,000 with spares)
    #22 ITS '95 325is (Converted to ITR)
    #22 ITS '87 325is (Sold)
    #5 ITB '84 318i (RIP)
    Racing BMW's since 1984

Quote Originally Posted by robits325is View Post
    I had a ... pure rat ball that sold for $7,500 in 2005.
    Wait a sec ... you told me it was a creampuff when you sold it to me!

Steve
    Last edited by ulfelder; 02-25-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: content

All it needed was hair and make-up. Knee deep in rubber and blew ice cubes.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

As the '94 325 M Tech has been brought up a bit, thought some readers of this thread would like info on "what it is".

The car was inteneded to fill the gap while BMW was readying the M3 for the US market (first imported in '95). The car is a 325is with the additions of: alpinewiess paint, M3 bumper covers F/R, side skirts and mirrors, motorsport colored cloth interior panels, Recaro cloth seats with manual adjusters, M3 steering wheel, 17" BBS three piece wheels and sport springs and dampers (not M3 sourced which would change the front anti-roll bar mounting point from control arm to strut housing). Other than that just some badging bit and bobs. So as an ITR donor the only thing you end up with over a regular ole 325is is the bumper covers, skirts and mirrors.
    Matthew Olson
    ITR '94 BMW 325is
    RoadRaceTech.com

Quote Originally Posted by Olson-RRT View Post
    As the '94 325 M Tech has been brought up a bit, thought some readers of this thread would like info on "what it is".

The car was inteneded to fill the gap while BMW was readying the M3 for the US market (first imported in '95). The car is a 325is with the additions of: alpinewiess paint, M3 bumper covers F/R, side skirts and mirrors, motorsport colored cloth interior panels, Recaro cloth seats with manual adjusters, M3 steering wheel, 17" BBS three piece wheels and sport springs and dampers (not M3 sourced which would change the front anti-roll bar mounting point from control arm to strut housing). Other than that just some badging bit and bobs. So as an ITR donor the only thing you end up with over a regular ole 325is is the bumper covers, skirts and mirrors.
    What about the reinforced mounts that Rob talks about in this thread?
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by Olson-RRT View Post
    So as an ITR donor the only thing you end up with over a regular ole 325is is the bumper covers, skirts and mirrors.
    And since you can use any mirrors you want in IT, it's really just the bumper covers and side skirts.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

And since you have a whole lot of leeway with spoiler/splitter/airdam, such that only the skirts matter, what's the big deal with the M-Technic in IT? Any real benefit?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    And since you have a whole lot of leeway with spoiler/splitter/airdam, such that only the skirts matter, what's the big deal with the M-Technic in IT? Any real benefit?
    Other than the nose may provide some additional downforce and I do mean may, the benifit is nothing and as matter of fact the M Tech body work will probable produce more drag than the I or IS.

They also had Fancy BMW Motorsport Door Handles.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER