Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 MARRS Format - speak up now or live with it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by jjjanos View Post
    You want an ITB/ITS group? I sure don't want to be on track with them.

Why not??

Generally speaking the difference in lap times means each group is left to themselves. A split start helps a LOT. MUCH better than running A and S together.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Why not??

Generally speaking the difference in lap times means each group is left to themselves. A split start helps a LOT. MUCH better than running A and S together.
    Jake
    We tried this several years ago, it had mixed results. The down side was that a lot of ITB drivers got the crap scared out of them by a couple of uber fast e36 BMW's that were well driven (ie. lots of go). Another downside was the front eight of the ITB field got fucked by some ITS cars that were poorly driven or not well sorted. We lost several ITB cars in those events. We also had some very upset ITS drivers who felt wronged after they held up ITB cars turn after turn only to be beat on on track or brow beat in the paddock later.
    The upside was that it was fun making an ITS car look like a chump with my ITB Golf GTi.
    There was no split grid or split start which meant that if you weren't in with the front of the ITB field you had no chance of catching them because you had to race through the ITS backmarkers.
    cheers
    dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

personally when i am in my A car, the S cars are fine to race with. the experience level and speeds are closer. when i am in my B car, i hate to run with the S cars. we end up running with the slower or less experienced cars
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06