Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Jeff, your funny. But I can gaurentee you that, we will not have split starts now that there are 4 classes in the ITB run group. Just like everyone else, you will have to deal with the starts. I am not happy that Saturday is now a points race. Did they at least double the drops? Or you only get 2 still?
As I understand it, the number of drops won't double - and the exact number is still uncertain until the VIR event is finalized. Here's how it was explained to us:

"Both races count toward your MARRS points, but you cannot drop a single day. When time comes to calculate your drops, it will be an entire sanction/event that gets dropped, not just a specific Saturday or a specific Sunday."

As to the split starts, I'm just guessing but they will probably do something like with ITA - classes will be combined and then split for the start. In our case, ITA and T3 would make up one "mini-group", with SRX7 making up the second. Of those two groups, the one with the fastest qual time would get the first flag.