Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Jeff, your funny. But I can gaurentee you that, we will not have split starts now that there are 4 classes in the ITB run group. Just like everyone else, you will have to deal with the starts.
James,

The stewards were very accomodating towards split starts for Sunday races. I believe that every group whose DRs asked for split starts was told they would get them. Ask your DR whether your group got a split start.

I am not happy that Saturday is now a points race. Did they at least double the drops? Or you only get 2 still?
No. One less than the out-of-region MARRS sanctions.

A great deal of discussion about making Saturday award points. Almost of of it was centered around cost versus intent on track. Some folks wanted a Saturday Championship.

The majority of those present apparently felt that, given the opportunity to race w/o points and enough points to "make it matter", a large % of drivers would simply use the session as a qualifing session and wouldn't "be in the game." That, if Saturday's finishing order didn't count towards the MARRS championship, a significant number of drivers wouldn't be racing. There was concern of "racers" and "qualifiers" impeding each other.

I'm not in that group and given the opportunity to race, I'm going to race, study my competitors and practice racecraft. It doesn't matter to me whether I'm earning points for MARRS or not.