Thread: New SFR ITS racer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New SFR ITS racer

Yup that's me. Just wanted to write my first post and say hi to everybody here. (Is there anybody here? ) I figured since I'm no longer in SM I should stop slumming it over in the Spec Miata forums.

My name is Tam, for those of you who don't know me. Been a member of the SCCA, San Francisco Region since 2003. Started out in the cones, got my Novice license in 2007, ran my first SCCA race season last year.

Late last year I was elected to the SFR Board of Directors. I'm drunk with power! Or possibly just drunk.

My racing resume includes the first and second 24 Hours of Lemons races (finished 27th and 7th), and a bunch of races with the SFR region last year, running mainly in Spec Miata T and a few ITS races as well.

My car is a 1999 Miata, currently prepped for SMT, and shortly about to undergo initial ITS upgrades. Why did I switch to ITS? Partly so I won't have to bolt on another 25 lbs of ballast this year. Mainly because I like mixed-make racing, I think it's a bit more interesting. Also because I like wrenching, making changes, tweaking, tuning... I figure if I'm going to be not very good at something, I might as well have fun doing it!

I also have a 2003 Evo 8, which I haven't finished rebuilding after a track day "incident" at Infineon a couple years ago. If I ever get around to it I may run it in ITE... if a great big bag of money falls out of the sky and into my lap.

Anyway here's looking forward to a great 2009 season!
    Last edited by vtluu; 02-05-2009 at 11:02 AM.
    Viet-Tam Luu (a.k.a. "Tam")
    Director, SCCA San Francisco Region
    2011 SFR-SCCA ITS Champion
    #12 ITS (1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata)
    #12 STU (2003 Mitsubishi Evo 8)