Thread: Sentra SE-R

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
    Michael Pearson......that's the guy with the NX-2000. Greg I think he said he spoke with you about the car a couple years back, i think it was an old SSB car.
    Yup, I've been in contact with Mike over the last couple of years, been offering him recommendations. He bought my Advance Design shocks/suspension parts from me... - GA

Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I'm gonna put the cage in and get new suspension first off. The cage I pretty much have figured out, but I'm not sure about the suspension. I found a group buy on some Ksport coilovers on the sr20forums, but I haven't found a lot of info on that brand. Basically my budget for suspension is about 1000, so what do you think my biggest bang for that amount would be?

Travis- I would love to tag along to your shakedown sessions. My car might be stock still, but it would be fun to go around the track. Let me know when you're planning on going- [email protected]

I almost forgot- how do I make this thing stop? The last time I took this around midamerica, the pedal was almost gone by the third lap. I feel like this is something I should be considering when building this car. Any suggestions there?

Brett -

I'll let you know what we end up doing, hopefully it works out. For brakes, what pads were you using? Hawk Blues are generaly a good place to start and go from there.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

I was using some sort of OEM replacement pads. You're saying that good pads is the first step then? What about braided brake lines? Do those make a noticeable difference?

edit:Also, is it normally hard to find my car on the application chart for Hawk blues?
    Last edited by Brettt; 02-10-2009 at 06:12 PM.

Good pads and especially good racing brake fluid or at least fresh Ford High Temp. The brakelines are probably junk as well and braided will give you a harder pedal because your brake pressure will actually be going to stop the car and not first expanding old rubber lines

matt

Brett, for the AD18 brake, there are not a lot of pad options. I use the Carbotech XP10, available direct from Carbotech for about $155. Yes, change out the rubber lines to steel braid - should be less than $100. I also run brake ducts to the front calipers. And use the good brake fluid with regular flush and fills (I do it after every weekend). You can still brun the front brakes down easily - just need to learn to drive them smart and only pound on them when you really have to. If you stand on them every corner, yeah, they are going to go away.
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

you're not kidding Steve.....i spent maybe 30min looking for SE-R pads and came up with squat.

Hawk......nothing.
    Cobalt.....nothing.
    PFC........nothing.
    Porterfield.......nothing.

is carbotech REALLY the only option? i used them once, and as a general rule amongst miata drivers is if you don't bed them in properly they will burn down in a weekend or two.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region