Thread: Sentra SE-R

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by c_ozzie View Post
    wondering if if anyone experiences fuel starvation when you get to about a 1/4 tank, especially when making right hand turns.
    Without going to a fuel cell is there a fix for this??
    Yep. Always have.
    My solution has been to make sure I don't go under 1/4 tank.
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Quote Originally Posted by Racerlinn View Post
    Yep. Always have.
    How much fuel does it take to fill up from that point of starvation? Reason I ask, I never had a problem with the NX2000. However, I didn't use the factory gauge, I had a Stack system installed. The way I calibrated the gauge was to turn on the pump and empty the tank until it started to spit, then called that "zero". From there I'd add a gallon at a time to calibrate it to full (which came to about 10.5 gallons).

So, you can probably do the same thing: pump out fuel until it starts to spit, then note that on the gauge and call it "zero". - GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    How much fuel does it take to fill up from that point of starvation? Reason I ask, I never had a problem with the NX2000. However, I didn't use the factory gauge, I had a Stack system installed. The way I calibrated the gauge was to turn on the pump and empty the tank until it started to spit, then called that "zero". From there I'd add a gallon at a time to calibrate it to full (which came to about 10.5 gallons).

So, you can probably do the same thing: pump out fuel until it starts to spit, then note that on the gauge and call it "zero". - GA
    Heehee. That would be assuming I have ever even messed with the tank and pump. I've never even taken the access cover off.
    I'm within 20 lbs of minimum weight with a 1/4 tank of gas (before it starves) so I've never considered messing with it.
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org