Thread: Sentra SE-R

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well we got to the track and I passed the driver's school! Promptly followed by a catastrophic engine failure and a ball of flame. I'm really hoping that someone somewhere got some pics of the fireball, but my sister took a few pics of the car before and after the boom that I'll put up here as soon as she emails them to me. I just got home and don't have enough time to tell the story right now, but I'll get on that tomorrow probably.

-I just wanted to say that you guys were a great help and really were a big part of us getting the car safe and to the track. You rock!

Greg- I'm planning on sending you an email tomorrow because I am suddenly VERY interested in building a reliable motor (now that we have to put one together ) and was hoping that you might have some insights there.

Cheers to you guys!
    Brett Westcott
    #58 ITA Sentra SE-R

Ugh. Yeah, it happens, but it's most definitely preventable, starting with using ARP rod bolts and ensuring rod bearing clearances are good.

Start looking for a good core that doesn't have a spun rod bearing; those can actually be hard to find. Most of the ones you run across are pull-outs for JDM installs, but the reason they're doing that is because they spun a rod bearing...

Send me a note, we'll hook you up. - GA

I know I keep saying I'll post some pics, so here you go. My sister put them in an album with a couple others. Mine is the black SE-R. Some of the "engine hole pics" didn't turn out too well, but you get the idea.

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AZsmLdo2csmTmw

Enjoy!
    Brett Westcott
    #58 ITA Sentra SE-R