Hello.

I am in the beginning stages of building a 325e, the plans this summer are to get my license and some track/test days in with maybe some actually racing in the fall. Probably in ITA. But right now I am mainly looking at getting the safety issues squared and going for dependability everywhere else, no major upgrades for awhile.

I have helped build some other race cars, and have a friend with a machine shop and much more experience helping, but neither of us have built a BMW before, and I was hoping for some pointers to help avoid some headaches. Nothing big time, just things like what do you do about thermostats? Will I need a restrictor plate if I toss it? How do LSD dependability compare to open Difs? What kind of oiling problems do you have? Will I need an accumulator for certain or will a scraper suffice? What kind of range should I shoot for when I build camber plates?

That should be plenty to get a discussion started, and sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I couldn't find it in search.

Thanks in advance for your help.