Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renting as a Fundraising Method

If your renter doesn't have the chunk of change necessary to buy the car, you don't REALLY want them driving it.

I knew a guy in Seattle who sold the same car over and over again. He signed a contract with the buyer to take a down payment, and monthly payments to pay it off in one season. He also provided storage and at-track support with the sale (great deal, eh?)

The kicker was that the contract said that if the buyer ever missed a payment, ownership reverted back to the seller. I know he sold that car to at least two different people who ran out of money before they paid it off. And because the seller kept it at his place, he never had to repo the thing.

K

When I started doing the rental thing, I was one of about 5 guys renting.Now there are at least 25.
    My waiver states that "the driver, or the drivers' estate can not sue for anything, ever. Racing or driving this car, may result in death. I accept that fact" "I also agree to a total crash cost of X", And a" scuff fee" of 100$ , no matter how it happened. Sign , date, bring cash or good check.
    I have had the same car rolled twice, and one total in 20 years.
    Yes, I rent the VW cause they go fast enough in class and they are dirt cheap to fix. Parts are at Auto Zone, etc.
    I get about 400per hr, plus a transport fee of 200 per day. Average is about 1000 per regional. 1800 per school.
    Mike Ogren, Protech Power
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Hi Mike,
    When I wrecked Mike's car at Sebring, he was very fair.
    He had my wreck deposit check, and called to report it deposited into his account.
    We had an eyeball to eyeball agreement that I would be fair, concerning tire wear and so forth, but I knew what I was doing.
    If I could not afford to drop it off a cliff, I had no business driving it.
    Thanks Mike,
    Carlos
    Gettin' old aint for wimps