Thread: Roebling Road Drivers School

Default Roebling Road Drivers School

It seems there are a lot of people making the jump this year to w2w. I am one of them. Im going to the school at Roebling in Feb. Im looking for some decent video of the track. I searched on YouTube for a bit but it was all crummy quality and couldn't make out much about the track.

Thanks for the help!

I will be there helping several friends or working a corner or something. This is not the best video in the world and I am certainly not fast but it should give you an idea of the track. GOOD LUCK and I hope to see you in a couple of weeks.

Paul

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQoQdS2UHfY&feature=channel_page[/ame]
    Last edited by pballance; 01-27-2009 at 01:40 PM.
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Paul,

thanks that video is pretty much what im looking for.

see you in a few weeks!

Wes

A couple of things to remember. RR has 9 corners....8 are decreasing radius (9 is not). So notice how late an apex Paul took on all corners: there is a reason.

Lines will vary slightly with vehicle, as will braking points. Work up to speed .... really don't worry about the first sessions.

Take help!!! The school will run your ass ragged...you won't have time/energy to maintain your car.

You are not racing...you just have to convince your instructor that you have enough track awareness to get around the track at a reasonable speed without hitting/getting hit and staying on the track. That also entails being aware of overtaking traffic.

Have fun...wish I were going but my driver fell through. Chuck
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

Early in one of your first sessions, drive off the left edge of the track - ON PURPOSE - at the exit of the last corner coming onto the straight. Practicing this strategy will "inoculate" you against unreasonable fear of the grass (it's plenty smooth out there) and might help you avoid being one of the 2-3 cars that WILL hit the wall driver's right that weekend, hooking into it after trying to hang onto an oversteering car there. If you get loose, let it run rather than correcting.

Again - someone WILL make the mistake. Don't let it be you.

K

Hey. I'll be there. It's finally time...

Edit: Is there anywhere that the list of folks registered is posted up? Or, is it normal to not get any confirmation that they received your entry?
    Last edited by RexRacer19; 01-27-2009 at 05:33 PM.

I was planning on being there.. but fincial reasons have kept me out of it.. so It looks like I will get to use up my free driver school ticket I got during the SARRC awards ceromony!

however I wish I was able to go here. I love the track and have more time on this track than any other.

Have fun! to all that plan on attending!
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by RexRacer19 View Post
    Hey. I'll be there. It's finally time...

Edit: Is there anywhere that the list of folks registered is posted up? Or, is it normal to not get any confirmation that they received your entry?
    The event is listed on DLB, but it says no one has signed up. I'm pretty sure they did that last year as well (maybe to keep the veterans from hassling the newbies?), but you can always call the Chief Registrar to make sure.
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Some really good stuff here also http://www.seat-time.com/html/contact.htm

Check out the virtual tour. Still shots and driving descriptions of each corner. Very well done by Jon Krolewicz.

I'll be there instructing. Can't wait. I miss that place.
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Kummer View Post
    The event is listed on DLB, but it says no one has signed up. I'm pretty sure they did that last year as well (maybe to keep the veterans from hassling the newbies?), but you can always call the Chief Registrar to make sure.
    Thanks, Butch. That would have been my first logical step. Maybe that is normal, but it makes me sleep better to know that everything is in order...

I plan to be there working F&C... hoping the guy driving my car for the w/e doesn't do anything stupid!! (I'm looking forward to Road ATL the following weekend for my first outing of the season.)

Maybe we can all get together at the social Saturday night.
    George Bugg
    Huntsville, AL
    ITA CRXsi

Thanks for all the tips guys, its appreciated.

-Wes