Thread: New to road racing, and thus IT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
    dhardison: I see you drive a Focus, we race a Rally Spec Focus.
    Ryan, Is your Rally Focus friend "Andrew" by chance? I know a guy in Cols named Andrew that races a Rally Spec Focus as well.

Dan
    Last edited by dhardison; 01-27-2009 at 02:52 PM.
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

Yup, that'd be him.
    Ryan Scott
    ITC CRX #23

Sponsors: GoPro, PR Machine Works, SAS, Yoke's Body Shop, Signature Signs
    Great Scott Motorsports
    Rally Team for Dreams

Yup, that'd be him.
    Cool. He's interested in a trans case I have, but we've so far been unable to get our schedules to work out. Next time you see/talk to him, tell him to come get this trans out of my garage. I need the floor space!

He has a nice Rally Focus. I watched the build via his posts on FocalJet.

Dan
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dhardison View Post
    Cool. He's interested in a trans case I have, but we've so far been unable to get our schedules to work out. Next time you see/talk to him, tell him to come get this trans out of my garage. I need the floor space!

He has a nice Rally Focus. I watched the build via his posts on FocalJet.

Dan
    Just sent him an email. We could really use that case so I'll stay on him about that. Though I don't know that he has room for anything else in his garage either.

The car is a really nice build and Andrew is a great and incredibly knowledgeable guy. Now if we could just get the rally suspension sorted out we'd be good to go.
    Ryan Scott
    ITC CRX #23

Great Scott Motorsports
    Rally Team for Dreams

Dan, Kevin, Bill and anybody else fairly closeby:
    I still need to get some safety equipment; namely helmet, gloves and shoes. Are there any speed shops around that I just don't know about that carry a decent selection? My helmet for rally is an open face Peltor and before I go out and buy another helmet by a different manufacturer I'd like to try some on for fitment.

So far Dan is the only one that has spoke on spares, how much stuff do the rest of you lug around to the track?
    Ryan Scott
    ITC CRX #23

Great Scott Motorsports
    Rally Team for Dreams

Great, another Honda. J/K. It's great to see another C car out there. Looking forward to seeing you at M-O. might want to look into the National at Mid-Ohio June 1 weekend I think. It's a restricted regional and it's cheap. Great way to learn the track for cheap. Also, Fundayz at Nelsons. For about $125 you can beat the amount of track time. Basically until you physically can't drive anymore. Nelsons seems to be a great place for C car counts. I thought it was scary at first, but once you get the hang of track it's a blast.
    You may want try Summit Racing. They have a lot of safety equipment in stock so you can try them on. The last thing you want have is a helmet to loose or your suit too tight around the boys. Like they say you either have Simpson head or a Bell head.
    ITC #05
    '82 Jetta
    NEOhio
    Shutter-Up Inc.
    Olmsted Auto Care
    Light Doctor

Dan, Kevin, Bill and anybody else fairly closeby:
    I still need to get some safety equipment; namely helmet, gloves and shoes. Are there any speed shops around that I just don't know about that carry a decent selection?
    For helmets, shoes & underwear Jeg's is close by (three locations in Cols). Their selection of suits pretty much consists of the two-piece type which is rarely used in road racing (for some reason).

Summit is a good choice as well (just father from Cols), but they carry a lot of the same items as Jeg's.

Dan
    Dan

Hmm, I was hoping there would be other options besides JEGS and Summit that I just wasn't aware of.

Jay05, I remember seeing you at lot of the races last year. I crewed for Jim in the silver/bright green ITC Civic that was always on your tail.
    Ryan Scott
    ITC CRX #23

Great Scott Motorsports
    Rally Team for Dreams