Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
Ding ding ding!!

And now, for the $64,000 question...

"But everyone's doing it, and it's been this way for years...it should be legal!"

And slipparooni, down the slope we go.
Wow you guys don't know what the hell you are talking about. First off, as a former 240sx racer, I replaced all the rubber suspension bushings with spherical bushings (bearings). There is still a ball joint on the lower control arm that is stock. Completely in compliance with the rules. And all of the 240 guys I know did the same thing.
The reason spherical bearings are used is because as the suspension moves through it's arc, the bushings twist in two planes. Usually this is accomplished with the rubber compressing or flexing. Now if you were to replace these bushings with say solid material, like delrin, then the suspension would bind.
As far as I know there is no issues with the ball joints binding. And if there was, more than likely you have lowered the car so much that your roll center is 6 inches underground anyway.

Trust me, if there was an easier, cheaper way to fix that issue, I would be all over it.