Thread: Need info about Twinsburg, Ohio

Default Need info about Twinsburg, Ohio

My employer, Chrysler, has decided that my skills are needed at the Twinsburg, Ohio plant. All I know about Twinsburg is it is north of MidOhio on 71. I will be going there by myself due to my wife's business in Indiana.

If any of you fellow IT'ers in the area would have any info/links/sites about area apartments, or know of a carriage apartment where I could live and keep my racecar, I would be most grateful. Is there an active IT group in the area? I don't do the stupid stuff of my youth anymore, but not having any family/friends close by is going to be a difficult to say the least. Thanks for your time.
    Jim Sexton
    …I feel ill at how far we have drifted from engineering and automotive integrity. It's not just nostalgia. It's more like sorrow. For a shining moment in human history all our science and engineering blossomed to create the great inventions and designs. Now we engage in techno-masturbation like Twitter and TPMS…
    Riley Tharp

http://www.mytwinsburg.com/

Yep, its northeast of Mid-Ohio. Closest interstate is I-480. With easy access to the Ohio Turnpike (I-80) as well as I-271 and I-77. Minutes from downtown Cleveland. Twinsburg is pretty close to just about everything including the race tracks:026:

And Twinsburg is also a few minutes west of Nelson Ledges Road Course located in Garrettsville Ohio.

www.nelsonledges.com

does this mean you will be racing at nelson and mid-ohio now??

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpa View Post
    My employer, Chrysler, has decided that my skills are needed at the Twinsburg, Ohio plant. All I know about Twinsburg is it is north of MidOhio on 71. I will be going there by myself due to my wife's business in Indiana.

If any of you fellow IT'ers in the area would have any info/links/sites about area apartments, or know of a carriage apartment where I could live and keep my racecar, I would be most grateful. Is there an active IT group in the area? I don't do the stupid stuff of my youth anymore, but not having any family/friends close by is going to be a difficult to say the least. Thanks for your time.
    Hmmmmm works for chrysler, races vw?
    Twinsburg is a great place for motorsports, it has a great road system and has grown leaps and bounds within the last 15 years. Ohio has been hit hard by the recession, your about 1 hour north from Mid Ohio also. Good bars, food and people are generally friendly. You don't have a twin do you? I can't help you on the lodging part.

Pretty affluent suburb. Very clean and one of the nicer towns in the Cleveland/Akron area. A good crossroads town, as the Ohio Turnpike is nearby and I-480 runs right through the city all the way out to the airport and other points west. A few minutes away from Twinsburg is I-271, your link to everything downstate and the upscale Cleveland east suburbs.

Much of the newer housing is in single family homes. I'm not too familiar with rental places, but Twinsburg does have some nice rental complexes on State Rt. 91, only two-three miles north of town. Log on to www.Cleveland.com. You might find some housing info there.

I live in Solon, just immediately to the north of Twinsburg.

Hope this helps at least a little bit.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

Got Porsche? http://www.steinels.com/

Eric Steinel raced an ITB Rabbit GTI. Joined us in a Longest Day at Nelson once. His shop was impressive then and looks even moreso now.

Hi, Jim

Welcome to N E Ohio and Twinsburg - southern edge of the snowbelt.

Rents will be lower if you head south - Cuyahoga Falls/Akron area. Easy commute to Twinsburg via SR 8. Akron has plenty of social/cultural activities, and it is gererally easier to get around, and less expensive. The Akron Beacon Journal is the local paper - look there for rental info. all 3 cities are in Summit County.
    Plenty of IT action here, too. 6-10 ITB cars at Nelson and M-O for every event this past season. BeaveRun is only about an hour away, too. Good mix of GLD and NeDiv at each venue.

Welcome! There are plenty of V-Dub guys up in NE Ohio. Shoot me an e-mail sometime. I'm up in Mentor and my Mom lives in Twinsburg.
    John McFarland
    ————————————————
    #02 GTA Chevy Monte Carlo

Scott McFarland
    ————————————————
    #88 ITC Renault Alliance

Mentor, OH