Thread: looking for body shop

Default looking for body shop

I am looking for a body shop in east central florida to look at my rabbit i wrecked a sebring in Nov.Looking to see if it's able to be fixed or need to look for new car.
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

Tim,
    If you are in/near Tampa, I know of a couple of GOOD bodymen that might be able to help you on weeknights/weekends. They both have 15-20 yrs doing it & work at a High-end body shop. Times are slow, so they might like the work. If you're interested, send me a pic or two of the car & I'll talk to them for you. Price?? That will be between y'all if they want the work.
    Mark
    Montero Racing (CFR)
    Plymouth Neon ITA (For Sale)
    Dodge Daytona ITB (sold)

Hi Tim , describe what is bent.We may have parts. I have two body shops that can fix it,one real good, with a frame puller. I have a pile of Dub parts. I was there but missed your wreck. Sorry to hear that your pretty car got twisted. Mine did a little also..
    Mike Ogren, Protech Power. We are in Masaryktown, RT 41 , 34604
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Mike

the front horns that the bumpers slide into are moved over about 6" =/- to the right.I have a center core support and a hood and passenger side fender.Need drivers side fender.the inner body wells are beat up pretty good along with the top where the fenders mount.I have taken the motor and everthing else out of the car.
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

When my rabbit got packed hard at drivers school it looked like the car was done. I had the shock towers pulled back into spec by a shop for $100. Then cut off the entire front of the car at the towers and welded in the donor core. It was a pain but much easier than scrapping it for another tub. It looked great until I rolled it 2 months later at Nelson.
    Tristan Herbert
    2011 World Challenge TC Rookie of the Year
    2011 ARRC ITB Champion
    2011 IT Fest ITB Champion
    2009 MARRS - ITB Champion
    BRIMTEK/Germanautoparts.com

Default Irish Mike's Auto Collision

Tim, Have you checked out Irish Mike's at 1624 N. Forsyth Rd. in E. Orlando? It is one block north of East Colonial Dr (SR 50). They have a frame straightening rack, full body shop and full mechanics garage. Mike has a dyno too. He is currently building two VW race cars.
    Curtiss is the body shop manager (407) 380-0808 or (407) 282-9999
    Mike Guenther
    ITR #11
    http://www.improvedtouring.com

Mike,
    I never even thought about going to Irish Mike's.Great idea thank you.
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

This is A1 ? I have a whole cabb or a whole A2 jett/Glf. It sounds like a fixer. My guy can do it. let me know if youwant it looked at. or send me pics. [email protected]
    MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Tim,
    if you want to use my spare Fiesta in the mean time, just let me know. It just needs belts and tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Fiesta View Post
    Tim,
    if you want to use my spare Fiesta in the mean time, just let me know. It just needs belts and tires.
    check with David Boles. he does allot of work on VWs.

Atlantic Auto Works
    812 Washburn Road
    Melbourne, FL 32934

Phone: 321-254-1344

Tim, mikes body shop across from daves boles just did a job on a itb rabbit of a guy named steve there in melbourne, dave knows this guy and they did a good job.the VW parts place down from dave used to have fenders for sale cheap. You just need to make sure the fender is not off a jetta they are similar. This other guys name is steve A. he may have a fender to sell to you.
    Bob B.