Thread: FWD vs RWD: Adders, Subtractors, and Weight, Oh my...!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have been reading thru this discussion with some amusement. I'm not planning on an ITS/ITR car, but it seems to me it's boiling down to somewhere between 50lbs and 100lbs difference in the FWD subtractor. All the other discussion regarding subtractors is just noise to me. The IT formula seems to be working pretty well for all the other classes, so why not just pick a number and move on? Since the great IT rules change, is it not possible to adjust the weight of a car afterwards? Seems to me that was one of the reasons for the rules rewrite. Sorry if this just seems naive, but I get the feeling the topic is getting wrapped around the axles (FWD vs RWD not withstanding).....
    Paul Sherman
    Wichita Region
    '96 Neon #19 ITA (finally )
    Formerly known as P Sherm
    Joined 30 Sep 02
    Member No. 1176

Quote Originally Posted by PSherm View Post
    ...but it seems to me it's boiling down to somewhere between 50lbs and 100lbs difference in the FWD subtractor.
    Which, may I remind everyone means that the weights should not be adjusted as their current weights are within where "the process (next generation)" would place them.

Is it not at least defacto, if not dejure, ITAC policy to deny requests to adjust weight when the current weight is within that margin of error?

Now, I'm in the use the process weight camp, not the use the process weight +/- error factor camp, but it seems to me a but odd to muck about with the model when delta is within the margin of error.
    Last edited by jjjanos; 01-25-2009 at 11:21 PM.