Thread: fwd clutch replacement help

Default fwd clutch replacement help

So iv done plenty of transmission and clutch swaps on my rwd mazdas, but last night i finished up putting a new clutch and pressure plate in my acura rsx street car. It was a bitch but i finally got everything done and when i took it for a spin everything seemed to be operating properly except there was a bit of a clunky vibration felt mostly in my feet.

I put the car up and with the rotors spinning i noticed both the axles were, i want to say, misaligned / vibrating back and forth slightly. I had removed them for the install and im sure i popped them back in all the way. Did i misalign them or something? Was i supposed to mark and align them in some way for re-installation? whats the fix here?

Thanks a bunch

Axles don't care, as long as they are plugged all the way into the trans. When you pulled them, could you have pulled the inner plunge joint too far and lost something into the boot? Grab the shaft with one hand and the inner joint with then other. There should be almost no slack. Other than that, make sure everything is properly torqued, particularly the nut on the outer cv.

Jim Barnsley, Streetwise Service
    WCMA IT2 Neon Twincam
    2009/2010 Regional and Alberta IT2 Champion
    2009 Regional Overall Champion. Second this year, dammit.

Ok then the axles arent the prob, I took it for another spin and think that maybe i was just being paranoid and feeling a combination of clutch chatter and crunching snow under the tire lol it is a fairly aggressive disc

im normally not this slow...

correct, the half shafts should pop back into place. even if you don't have them aligned perfect, once you put the car on the road and drive it a bit, they will pop back into wherethey belong.

is the car a Type S? I just bought one for my wife, and I've noticed a fair amount of wheel spin from stop and go situations. I'm guessing this is normal with that kind of HP on the front wheels.
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie