Thread: IT prep Whp for honda VTEC's

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh yes, I fully admit you have more mechanical and driving experience than me. You win that prize, hands down.

So let me give you a little advice, from someone who negotiates, discusses, argues and compromises for a living. Think a little a bit how you say things as much as what you say, and maybe what you say won't fall on deaf ears. Because you've got a LOT of work to do in that area my friend.

Now, let's talk about the FWD deductor. We have in IT, and in particular in ITS, balance. Lots of chassis that can win. Whether that was via blind luck with the process, or hard work on it, I don't know -- I'd like to think it was more of the latter.

But the process -- which has proven to work -- is simplistic by nature because IT HAS TO BE. We have 300+ cars to "roughly" balance out. I would respectfully suggest that a complicated attempt to deal with power to weight in IT via displacement or engine architecture is far more likely to royally screw up the balance we have achieved than removing washer bottles, etc.

The simple process, with as few subjective adders/deducts as possible works for this category of cars.

Yes, I am on the ITAC and yes I'll listen to anything you say, although as I said above I'm more likely to listen to it if it is written politely and in the manner in which adults talk.

So, give me your mathematical fix for the FWD "handicap." I'll listen. But just remember, as soon as you try to objectify a subjective on track performance issue others will do the same. Without doubt, we'll soon see folks running calculations on swept area on their brakes and asking for adjustments as a result, or calculations on frontal area and drag in an effort to get an aero deduction for their car, etc. etc. etc. etc. ad infinitum.

But I'll listen, so if you have the answer lay it on us.
    Last edited by JeffYoung; 01-18-2009 at 12:01 PM.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8