Thread: IT prep Whp for honda VTEC's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

That was a non-VTEC SI which gets a very generous 160 Hp basis. It weighs less than a GSR!!!
    Its for sale in the used ads!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Roth View Post
    That was a non-VTEC SI which gets a very generous 160 Hp basis. It weighs less than a GSR!!!
    Its for sale in the used ads!
    I glanced thru the for sale ads and didn't see anything that jumped out at me. Do you have a link for the car/ad? What generation/year Civic are you talking about?

Thanks,
    Christian
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

I have not been on the internet today, but it seems that the snow in the Northeast has given some people some time to discuss.

With that said, I was one of the cast that pushed hard for the ITS FWD subtractor to be #100 lbs. At the time this #50 weight reduction was a huge win and was important to attract some additional Honda guys to jump on board. Previously, one would be an idiot (I happened to be an idiot) to run an Integra in ITS. There was simply no way in hell it was going to compete.

That was 3 years ago. Now interestingly some more have been developed and the trends seems to be coming back to the same discussion. The ITS integra is closing in on the RX7, but it is still not even. I agree with this 100% and know in driving one where the problems lie.

We, as FWD drivers, need to present data to the ITAC for them to chew on. When ITR becomes developed, the FWD problem will be exaggerated even more. Until then we will need to stop talking in theory and talk in data. How to do this? Not easy...

To go back on topic, yes BOB the SCCA has always been very cautious with the VTEC cars. Honda just made the engines so damn good. I believe that the VTEC motors can get to the 25% multiple, BUT it will cost a BOAT LOAD of money to do. As you know the motors have very little left in them given Honda's extensive research and manufacturing processes. With that said, IMHO the 25% adder is not were we should be focusing. We need to focus on the FWD subtractor as not being enough.
    Last edited by Jeremy Billiel; 01-18-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling
    Jeremy Billiel

Hi Jeremy,

I was one of those idiots who believed whole heartly that it had a chance in ITS. I built my GSR in mid 2005. Sorted through some things for the first 2 races, decided to run 225/50/15 when the rest of the country ran 225/45/15. The first race at Laguna in Aug 2005, the GSR qualified 0.007 seconds from pole, and Led the race prior to turn 1, against 9 other RWD ITS entries. 3 races later, I got my first win in ITS. This is with a 75-80% built GSR (running stock bottom end, stock final drive, stock ecu, abs unit, and stock clutch).

I never got the chance to race in ITS after 2005, and with the 100lb deductor plus a full built car, I think I can do some damage. I don't really think the car needs another 100lbs off, but I'll take it

Quote Originally Posted by hondaracer48 View Post
    I never got the chance to race in ITS after 2005, and with the 100lb deductor plus a full built car, I think I can do some damage. I don't really think the car needs another 100lbs off, but I'll take it
    Hey Ed,

Why are you selling? Get yourself and your car back out on the track!

Josh
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

The car is sitting at Ken's (I/O Port) house. Liberty and I moved to AZ, and between keeping my 1yr old daughter fed, and calming down my 6yr old son, I'm lucky to be able to sign on to it.com. Keep up the good work Josh!