Quote Originally Posted by Bob Roth View Post
Jeremy, I think the HP calculation is where we need to look. Tell me where I can spend to make a 155 hp 1,6 VTEC motor a 175 hp motor? I can't make it rev 15% higher unless I cheat on the valve springs and port the head like a type r. Besides, the consensus is that the 1.6 intake won't flow sp unless I change the intake to type R, it won't make much difference.
Ok the head casting between the B16a and the b18c5 is the EXACT same, the b18c5 head was NEVER ported, hence why it was let in IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Roth View Post
Torque (ignition timing, displacement, and compression ratio) are already good, and the engine is limited by valve float at over 8000. So, no surprise it realy can't be improved upon when its already 100 hp per liter. What do you expect; 125 hp per liter?? That would be a world challenge motor. Forget it.

(ps our 1.8 liter Integra Type R is 184 whp or essentially 100 whp/per literin IT trim and 109 street hp/liter per stock oem rating).

The last point is, cheating. At 100 hp/per liter, something like a type r has nothing to work with (it always has a race cam, and it is already reving to 8400 rpm); do I need to use nitrous?. Besides, if cheating is my goal,
This is two times you mention valves floating. And in the second quote you mention your B16a floats them at 8,000rpm.

I have never really heard this before, as 8,000 is the OE red line.

After reading what you ITR makes, there is something going on, either the engine build isn't up to snuff, the dyno tuning needs work, or the dyno just reads low. I'd guess it isn't number 3 though.

We have several 100% stock from honda internally, with intake, DC header, Hondata and exhaust that are making 185whp.

Have you thought about looking to other engine builders? Or even other tuners?