Thread: Porsche 968 story

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I hope the owner doesn't come back to claim the car.:~)

At least it moved on its wheels!

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    I hope the owner doesn't come back to claim the car.:~)
    delete this thread/post and just start a build thread without these early details.

but you have our undying admiration!
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

YES! I have my own automotive disfuntion named after me. Although I have stayed on the P cars for a little bit and still have the ITS car......and I might buy a Tesla for the first electric class. See why Greg has assigned the name Phillips' disease

Good news is that the owner knows this car was sold on his behalf and is trying to find the title for me so no worries about an unhappy owner turning up.

I'm trying to get the digital pics of the trailer hanging WAAAAY out over this bridge and as you can imagine, every jamoke cop in town showed up to watch including a bunch of neighbors - several who walked more than a mile to come see in 12 degree weather. I'm sure the story will go, "remember that jackass from Jersey who almost flipped his trailer into the river???" One guy took some video of the massive disaster recovery vehicle getting the trailer righted. I didn't get to watch. I was instructed to have the truck in 4 wheel drive low, if I heard an air horn, gun it. Fortunately no air horn.

Greg - thanks for some pointers on getting the motor ready to fire. It does turn smoothly - put it in gear while slowly rolling and no noise or binding - hope that didn't hurt it.

When I get some pics I'll post.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Jeeeez. When I first saw the thread title, I thought "Oh boy, here we go!..This oughta be good"...then as I read it, my eyes opened and I thought "Man, that's something Jeff Young would do!" Then I got to the part about the trailer and the river. Wow...you're lucky. It's everything I can do not to dent my trailer getting it out of my cluster of a driveway.

I've looked hard at the ITR candidates, and the 968 is a good choice. The price is a steal.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com