Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Porsche 968 story

Car was outstanding - rolled the car off the trailer and it was pretty fast with no changes. Pyrometer readings were maybe a 30 degree spread across the tires so the setup by Marcus Motorsports was excellent.

Car was rock solid reliable through qaulifying for the national race in STU and the qualifier for Pro IT. The clutch was the original street clutch and I roasted it about halfway through the Pro IT race and was unable to compete in the national. I was able to limp it around during the race, cool it down and have enough to finish. I made one bobble that allowed an ITR BMW to pass me - didn't realize that was for the ITR win as another ITR car broke that was ahead. I had to waive some guys by when the clutch went to the floor, pulled it up with my foot and barely got it to shift. It cooled fast and I was able to shift after that but I gave up a lot of time.

Qualified 6th in the national but there wasn't enough fast cars to say that was great. Qualified 4th in Pro IT racing in ITR - that is pretty damn good considering the level of competition in Pro IT.

Led the first lap, finished 3rd overall and 2nd in class and set the ITR track record on Thunder. Considering the car still had the carpet on the floor, no brake ducting and needing lots of development beyond the suspension - this car will be a major threat. Only problem is the weight. At 3055 it is VERY heavy.

Will post some in car video on the PRO IT thread.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Ben I always knew you were a nice guy but you are one hell of a driver too. I never expected to see you up front and lead with some of our best drivers. I now put you in that category.

These races are going to get very interesting. Mazda, BMW and now Porsche vying for the lead.

Nice car, nice driving and thank you for being part of our TEAMDIPROIT Series.

Sincerely,
    Bob Zecca

Thanks Bob! You've watched a ton of races over the years so I really appreciate it :-)
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion