Thread: Modular clutch failure

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I am not saying this to brag, but I have been an ASE Master Certified tech for 15 years. I am well aware of how tight a bolt needs to be. It is very difficult to get anything, but a wrench in there to tighten these bolts. They seem to work loose on the track even after tightening them up? Look on SRTForums and Neons.org. There are people talking about it.

I believe that a fastener that is drilled for safety wire may be the only solution?
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit07 View Post
    I believe that a fastener that is drilled for safety wire may be the only solution?
    I'm not super familiar with the neon but if the bolts are loosening up even with threadlocker on them, then a safety wire loop would definately be in order.

The issue with drilling them is that they are a very low profile head and the bolt is very hard. I may have to have ARP make some. They have always been helpful in the past, so I hope something can be done. This last failure is going to be expensive to repair. There were parts all over the track
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Wink

Check with some of your local machine shops or a tool and die shop. We use an EDM hole burner to make the safety wire hole. Quick and does not matter if they are grade 8 or harder. Just be sure to cut all your safety wire pieces the same length for balance.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)